Microsoft has slashed prices of its Surface RT tablet for Australian education institutions by more than 50 per cent, following a worldwide announcement of the scheme last week.
Microsoft is planning to develop a 7in Surface tablet to compete with Apple's iPad mini and the Google Nexus 7, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Using a Microsoft Surface table computer has typically been limited to two dimensional interactions, but research presented at the Computer Human Interaction (CHI) conference in Atlanta adds a third dimension.
Microsoft could be hoping for an "Oprah effect" for its Surface tabletop computer.
Microsoft will begin selling its Surface touch-sensitive computer in some European and Middle Eastern countries, the company said Monday at the Cebit trade show.
Microsoft on Monday offered a software development kit for its tabletop computer to about 1,000 people at its Professional Developers Conference in Los Angeles, opening the door to a variety of new applications for the table.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 2 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 3 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 4 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
- 5 Medion Akoya MD99410 (E1232T) touchscreen laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google-backed Thread Group opens membership, wades into home IoT marsh
- Shellshock attacks target QNAP's network storage, FireEye says
- Trying Windows 10 Tech Preview? Keep these 7 things in mind
- Verizon won't throttle unlimited LTE users after all
- Report: LulzSec leader directed cyberattacks while working for FBI
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.