Microsoft has slashed prices of its Surface RT tablet for Australian education institutions by more than 50 per cent, following a worldwide announcement of the scheme last week.
Microsoft is planning to develop a 7in Surface tablet to compete with Apple's iPad mini and the Google Nexus 7, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Using a Microsoft Surface table computer has typically been limited to two dimensional interactions, but research presented at the Computer Human Interaction (CHI) conference in Atlanta adds a third dimension.
Microsoft could be hoping for an "Oprah effect" for its Surface tabletop computer.
Microsoft will begin selling its Surface touch-sensitive computer in some European and Middle Eastern countries, the company said Monday at the Cebit trade show.
Microsoft on Monday offered a software development kit for its tabletop computer to about 1,000 people at its Professional Developers Conference in Los Angeles, opening the door to a variety of new applications for the table.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 2 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Optus launches carrier aggregated LTE on 2300MHz spectrum
- Broken iPhone 6 screens, faulty batteries an easier fix
- Lyft acquires ride-sharing startup Hitch
- 10 million and counting as Apple smashes iPhone sales record
- Microsoft brings Nokia Lumia 735 to Australia for sub-$400
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.