Microsoft introduced this week technology for C++ developers to leverage GPUs (graphics processing units) for parallel programming.
With the next version of its Visual Studio software development environment, dubbed Visual Studio vNext, Microsoft will emphasize agile programming practices as well as linkages between development and operations units.
Microsoft is now offering a beta release of its service pack for the Visual Studio 2010 IDE that adds capabilities such as IntelliTrace support for 64-bit systems, company officials said.
Microsoft is fitting its Visual Basic and C# languages with an asynchronous programming model to help developers accommodate the growing complexity in applications.
Microsoft is offering patches to fix a pesky problem with context menus in the Visual Studio 2010 IDE, company officials said this week.
Offering aid to quality assurance labs, Microsoft this week began offering Visual Studio Lab Management for Visual Studio 2010 users, enabling automation of the build-deploy-test process for software development while maintaining visibility into the ...
Novell this week unveiled Mono Tools for Visual Studio 2.0, which enables development of Microsoft .Net applications for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X from within Microsoft's Visual Studio IDE.
Microsoft this week updated its Visual Studio 2010 Productivity Power Tools, adding extensions and fixing bugs.
Microsoft has released a patch for Visual Studio 2010 intended to address insufficient memory messages developers are getting when doing small cut or copy operations.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Xiaomi acquires patents from Microsoft ahead of US entry plans
- Dell's private buyout shortchanged shareholders, court rules
- Atari's going to build IoT devices that talk over a low-power network
- Marketo gets scooped up into the private world for US$1.79 billion
- Kaby Lake starts strong as Intel retools PC strategy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCProjects Resource/ Workforce ManagerVIC
- CCDigital Media / Web Content Management- SquizzNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW