Windows has come a long way since 1985. Where will it go next?
Microsoft Windows in pictures
Windows Web sites worth a look
Microsoft has expanded its diagnostic data collection with Windows 10, making mandatory what had been a voluntary telemetry program.
Microsoft has confirmed that it would roll out the free upgrades to Windows 10 later this month in several "waves," with beta testers getting first dibs on the OS.
Microsoft will offer a free upgrade to Windows 10 to users running pirated copies of earlier editions.
The capabilities of malware targeting the market-leading Android platform are mimicking those of Trojans that have wrung profits from Windows PC users for years, a new study shows.
A majority of enterprises have migrated to Windows 7 or are planning to do so. But for Windows XP holdouts ready to side-step Windows 7 for the upcoming Windows 8 OS, you are risking a gap in support, stresses research firm Gartner in a new "first ta...
Finally, an operating system from Microsoft you can love.
After the truly wretched Windows 8 and marginally less wretched Windows 8.1, Windows 10 comes as a breath of fresh air.
Microsoft last week demonstrated how much of a black box a Windows 10 update may be to the millions of users expected to upgrade to the new operating system.
Microsoft's Keystone Kops-like revelation that Windows 10 testers would get a free copy of the OS -- yes, no, then yes, probably, but with strings -- may be confusing compared to Apple's approach to OS X, but reflects the much more complicated ecosys...
Smart in design and stingy on power, HP's Envy convertible works well as a laptop or a tablet.
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sanbot is the Jill of all trades
- China Oceanwide completes its purchase of IDG
- Congress to US citizens: Want online privacy? Pay up!
- 5 things Samsung's Bixby artificial intelligence service will do
- Google Calendar finally comes to the iPad
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTNew Business Lead - Professional Services (Pre-Sales)NSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Nexus 9k ACINSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- CCProject Manager Retail Supply Chain OptimisationVIC
- CCFinancial/Logistics Administration OfficerACT
- CCIT SharePoint SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTDatabase DeveloperSA
- CCPerformance TesterQLD
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- FTAEM Architect - Blue Chip companyNSW
- FTSalesforce Senior Developer | Solution DesignerQLD
- FTNetwork Services ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - ForecastingNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- TPProgram ArchitectQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperWA
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTSecurity EngineerACT