Windows has come a long way since 1985. Where will it go next?
Microsoft Windows in pictures
Windows Web sites worth a look
Microsoft has expanded its diagnostic data collection with Windows 10, making mandatory what had been a voluntary telemetry program.
Microsoft has confirmed that it would roll out the free upgrades to Windows 10 later this month in several "waves," with beta testers getting first dibs on the OS.
Microsoft will offer a free upgrade to Windows 10 to users running pirated copies of earlier editions.
The capabilities of malware targeting the market-leading Android platform are mimicking those of Trojans that have wrung profits from Windows PC users for years, a new study shows.
A majority of enterprises have migrated to Windows 7 or are planning to do so. But for Windows XP holdouts ready to side-step Windows 7 for the upcoming Windows 8 OS, you are risking a gap in support, stresses research firm Gartner in a new "first ta...
Finally, an operating system from Microsoft you can love.
After the truly wretched Windows 8 and marginally less wretched Windows 8.1, Windows 10 comes as a breath of fresh air.
Microsoft last week demonstrated how much of a black box a Windows 10 update may be to the millions of users expected to upgrade to the new operating system.
Microsoft's Keystone Kops-like revelation that Windows 10 testers would get a free copy of the OS -- yes, no, then yes, probably, but with strings -- may be confusing compared to Apple's approach to OS X, but reflects the much more complicated ecosys...
Smart in design and stingy on power, HP's Envy convertible works well as a laptop or a tablet.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- UN steps in to end marketing war over what 5G means
- Cerise Circular review: This Mac Pro wannabe gets sidetracked by gaming
- US probe of drone collisions with aircraft points to birds
- Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- Alphabet's Waymo raises stakes in self-driving race with Uber lawsuit
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTJava Developer - Fixed Term ContractQLD
- CCIT Infrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPIT Project Officer - TMRQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTInfrastructure Architect (Adelaide Based)VIC
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- FTIt Security and process analystNSW
- CCSalesforce - Functional Analyst (BA)NSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer with Strong SQL DevNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- CCAzure Architect/ConsultantVIC
- CCTest Automation EngineerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- TPSolution Architect - Transport DomainVIC
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)WA
- TPSolution Architect - IntegrationQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Permanent - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW