Windows has come a long way since 1985. Where will it go next?
Microsoft Windows in pictures
Windows Web sites worth a look
Microsoft has expanded its diagnostic data collection with Windows 10, making mandatory what had been a voluntary telemetry program.
Microsoft has confirmed that it would roll out the free upgrades to Windows 10 later this month in several "waves," with beta testers getting first dibs on the OS.
Microsoft will offer a free upgrade to Windows 10 to users running pirated copies of earlier editions.
The capabilities of malware targeting the market-leading Android platform are mimicking those of Trojans that have wrung profits from Windows PC users for years, a new study shows.
A majority of enterprises have migrated to Windows 7 or are planning to do so. But for Windows XP holdouts ready to side-step Windows 7 for the upcoming Windows 8 OS, you are risking a gap in support, stresses research firm Gartner in a new "first ta...
Finally, an operating system from Microsoft you can love.
After the truly wretched Windows 8 and marginally less wretched Windows 8.1, Windows 10 comes as a breath of fresh air.
Microsoft last week demonstrated how much of a black box a Windows 10 update may be to the millions of users expected to upgrade to the new operating system.
Microsoft's Keystone Kops-like revelation that Windows 10 testers would get a free copy of the OS -- yes, no, then yes, probably, but with strings -- may be confusing compared to Apple's approach to OS X, but reflects the much more complicated ecosys...
Smart in design and stingy on power, HP's Envy convertible works well as a laptop or a tablet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can now use an iPhone to log into a Windows 10 PC, Microsoft says
- Android malware that can infiltrate corporate networks is spreading
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW