IBM’s new partnership with Microsoft nearly mirrors a deal the enterprise giant struck with Apple in 2014. But that’s where the similarities end.
Or have we reached the point where killer apps just don’t matter?
Even though the beta released yesterday has a significant, acknowledged bug, build 14393 will likely be RTM
Since its release last July, the newest version of Windows has generally been considered a success, especially compared with its predecessor Windows 8/8.1. However, it hasn’t been all smooth sailing. Here are 7 controversies that have been stirred up...
Combining LinkedIn’s business identity and relationship graph with Microsoft’s commercial cloud and business analysis tools makes a lot of (dollars and) sense.
It's the content that makes the platform, not the hardware. But you wouldn't know that from Microsoft's E3 keynote, which focused on Xbox rather than fresh, unique, compelling games.
Today's professional world "requires a vibrant network that brings together a professional’s information in LinkedIn’s public network with the information in Office 365 and Dynamics," Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella said in a company email.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 4 is the clear choice of hybrid for the enterprise -- and for good reason. Here are five features that make this device the best option for business users.
Microsoft has been using a deceptive tactic to dupe Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users into upgrading to Windows 10 for at least two months.
Microsoft practically kickstarted PC gaming, but it's stumbled in recent years, as Xbox development and badly designed Windows tie-ins drove gamers away. But there's hope, if Microsoft can loosen up and return to its roots.
Many people will know what it’s like to regularly click ‘close’ on the nagging Windows 10 ‘upgrade’ notification. It’s been happening every day for many months. But apparently something on one of these hundreds of fade-into-the-background notificatio...
Microsoft today said it would indeed end its free Windows 10 upgrade offer on July 29. It has real reasons to do so.
Enterprise IT vendors didn't have much to say about commercial drones just 18 months ago, but now Cisco, AT&T, Verizon and others are making their moves.
If you're eyeing one of Microsoft's hybrid devices like the Surface Book, or want to make sure your next laptop is future-proof (hint: check the ports), this episode's for you. Executive News Editor Ken Mingis gets the details from Sharon Machlis, Ex...
Microsoft made a mistake at its recent developers conference when it didn't push customers to buy new hardware, an analyst said today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- AMD packs 1TB SSD into a GPU for better VR and gaming
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- FBI probes DNC hack as suspicions of Russian involvement widen
- How to use Microsoft Edge, Windows 10's new browser
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD