Microsoft has positioned artificial intelligence as being as important as Windows, Office and Cloud. Here's why.
Microsoft's smash sandbox is expanding to more schools, and teachers claim real benefits.
Huawei recently released an attractive-looking Windows 10 hybrid tablet, but how well does the Matebook compete with the current enterprise favorite, the Surface Pro 4?
There are plenty of ways to navigate Windows 10, but sometimes using keyboard shortcuts is the most convenient and can save time and effort.
Windows is a popular attack target for criminals and researchers alike, but Microsoft has done a good job of making it harder to target security flaws in the OS
Microsoft has committed to delivering two Windows 10 feature upgrades in 2017 after issuing only one this year.
Following Microsoft's blockbuster $26.2 billion acquisition of LinkedIn, many questions remain regarding the professional social network's future.
Boeing chose the Azure cloud platform because Microsoft agreed to collaborate on analytics software intended to help improve operational efficiency in the narrow margin aviation sector.
This article will describe how to set your Windows 10 system up so that, when it does, you’ll be able to find the cause of most crashes in less than a minute for no cost.
When buggy third party drivers crash a system and invoke a blue screen of death, it can be difficult to pinpoint the source among all the active running software. An alternative method to using WinDbg is to identify any device driver addition or chan...
It's been a year since Windows 10 arrived. Executive News Editor Ken Mingis talks with Windows expert Preston Gralla about Microsoft's OS and what's new in the Anniversary Update.
IBM’s new partnership with Microsoft nearly mirrors a deal the enterprise giant struck with Apple in 2014. But that’s where the similarities end.
Or have we reached the point where killer apps just don’t matter?
Even though the beta released yesterday has a significant, acknowledged bug, build 14393 will likely be RTM
Since its release last July, the newest version of Windows has generally been considered a success, especially compared with its predecessor Windows 8/8.1. However, it hasn’t been all smooth sailing. Here are 7 controversies that have been stirred up...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - Location Management Program - TelcoVIC
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- TPData AnalystVIC
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- FTLead/ Senior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- TPSOA DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCService ManagerACT