Microsoft has been using a deceptive tactic to dupe Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users into upgrading to Windows 10 for at least two months.
Microsoft practically kickstarted PC gaming, but it's stumbled in recent years, as Xbox development and badly designed Windows tie-ins drove gamers away. But there's hope, if Microsoft can loosen up and return to its roots.
Many people will know what it’s like to regularly click ‘close’ on the nagging Windows 10 ‘upgrade’ notification. It’s been happening every day for many months. But apparently something on one of these hundreds of fade-into-the-background notificatio...
Microsoft today said it would indeed end its free Windows 10 upgrade offer on July 29. It has real reasons to do so.
Enterprise IT vendors didn't have much to say about commercial drones just 18 months ago, but now Cisco, AT&T, Verizon and others are making their moves.
If you're eyeing one of Microsoft's hybrid devices like the Surface Book, or want to make sure your next laptop is future-proof (hint: check the ports), this episode's for you. Executive News Editor Ken Mingis gets the details from Sharon Machlis, Ex...
Microsoft made a mistake at its recent developers conference when it didn't push customers to buy new hardware, an analyst said today.
As usual, Microsoft is late to the party. But this isn't like all the other times that came before
One of the key parts of Satya Nadella's keynote address to attendees at Microsoft's Build developer conference Wednesday was a discussion of creating virtual assistants and intelligent chat bots to help users do everything from managing their calenda...
Microsoft executives will take the stage at Moscone West in San Francisco on Wednesday for the first of two keynote addresses to the company's big Build developer conference. Here are five key things to expect from the next two days of Microsoft anno...
After Apple's latest dig at PC users, we find out how the new iPad Pro really stacks up against Pro PC tablets.
Looking back on 2015, it’s in the running to be one of Microsoft’s biggest on record. The company made several major product announcements, and making a number of big bets on its future.
The year 2015 was a tumultuous year for smartphones. Some companies found redemption while others underwhelmed. Finger sensors became the norm, along with pixel-rich screens, extraordinary cameras and premium design. The year was kind to customers i...
Windows 10 Mobile review: Next-gen Windows Phones focus on unique features to double down on productivity
Microsoft rolls out Windows 10 Mobile as a free upgrade to both older Windows Phones as well as its new Lumia 950 and 950XL flagship phones. Continuum, Windows Hello, and Microsoft's own apps are why you should consider this increasingly niche OS.
Despite firmware and driver updates, users are reporting persistent problems with Microsoft's three-day-old laptop and tablet
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IoT security is getting its own crash tests
- Telstra wins National Cancer Screening Register contract
- Salesforce picks AWS as preferred public cloud provider
- NBN Co's poor document security enabled document leaks that could have been avoided
- This autonomous boat is trying to cross an ocean using only solar power
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager - HFCVIC
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT