Since its release last July, the newest version of Windows has generally been considered a success, especially compared with its predecessor Windows 8/8.1. However, it hasn’t been all smooth sailing. Here are 7 controversies that have been stirred up...
Combining LinkedIn’s business identity and relationship graph with Microsoft’s commercial cloud and business analysis tools makes a lot of (dollars and) sense.
It's the content that makes the platform, not the hardware. But you wouldn't know that from Microsoft's E3 keynote, which focused on Xbox rather than fresh, unique, compelling games.
Today's professional world "requires a vibrant network that brings together a professional’s information in LinkedIn’s public network with the information in Office 365 and Dynamics," Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella said in a company email.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 4 is the clear choice of hybrid for the enterprise -- and for good reason. Here are five features that make this device the best option for business users.
Microsoft has been using a deceptive tactic to dupe Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users into upgrading to Windows 10 for at least two months.
Microsoft practically kickstarted PC gaming, but it's stumbled in recent years, as Xbox development and badly designed Windows tie-ins drove gamers away. But there's hope, if Microsoft can loosen up and return to its roots.
Many people will know what it’s like to regularly click ‘close’ on the nagging Windows 10 ‘upgrade’ notification. It’s been happening every day for many months. But apparently something on one of these hundreds of fade-into-the-background notificatio...
Microsoft today said it would indeed end its free Windows 10 upgrade offer on July 29. It has real reasons to do so.
Enterprise IT vendors didn't have much to say about commercial drones just 18 months ago, but now Cisco, AT&T, Verizon and others are making their moves.
If you're eyeing one of Microsoft's hybrid devices like the Surface Book, or want to make sure your next laptop is future-proof (hint: check the ports), this episode's for you. Executive News Editor Ken Mingis gets the details from Sharon Machlis, Ex...
Microsoft made a mistake at its recent developers conference when it didn't push customers to buy new hardware, an analyst said today.
As usual, Microsoft is late to the party. But this isn't like all the other times that came before
One of the key parts of Satya Nadella's keynote address to attendees at Microsoft's Build developer conference Wednesday was a discussion of creating virtual assistants and intelligent chat bots to help users do everything from managing their calenda...
Microsoft executives will take the stage at Moscone West in San Francisco on Wednesday for the first of two keynote addresses to the company's big Build developer conference. Here are five key things to expect from the next two days of Microsoft anno...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This malware pretends to be WhatsApp, Uber and Google Play
- Traffic tickets got you down? This UK robo-lawyer has already saved users millions
- Resold hard drives on eBay, Craigslist are often still ripe with leftover data
- Too many IoT networks? Cisco just bet on this one
- Senator stalls intelligence funding bill over surveillance concerns
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia