Amid all the hoopla surrounding the introduction of Windows Phone 7 Series this week in Barcelona, Microsoft's core customers have been almost totally left out.
It has been 18 months since Microsoft first unveiled Surface, and the multitouch, multi-user table has officially made it to Australian shores. Equipped with a 30in, touch-sensitive display and the ability to interact with physical objects, the Surfa...
Born with a passion for computing, 9-year-old Marko Calasan hasn't wasted any time becoming a high-tech pro with four Microsoft IT certifications.
The most popular Web sites are under increasing pressure to add support for IPv6, a long-anticipated upgrade to IPv4, the Internet's main communications protocol.
Rootkits, a type of stealth technology used by malware malefactors, attempt to hide in the dark corners of an infected PC and evade detection. A new post out today from the Microsoft Malware Protection Center shines the spotlight on the evil tools.
Cisco, Microsoft, IBM: They all started somewhere. Take this quiz to see how well you know the humble origins of today's tech titans
Microsoft Corp.'s announcement that it would begin renting Windows and Office 2007 left many initially euphoric on the notion that they wouldn't have to shell out several hundred dollars for Office anymore, and then disappointed when it became clear ...
Apple must be patting themselves on the back, as the Hewlett-Packard (HP) tablet unveiled by Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer on Wednesday night failed to wow those expecting a true competitor to the mythical Apple tablet.
It's that time of year again -- time to look back and offer my 2009 awards for the most malicious, obnoxious, offensive, or nonsensical behavior in technology. The 10 winners this year include some of the best-known companies on the planet, as well a...
The writing is on the wall. Despite a major push to sell the >uch-maligned Windows Vista, customers aren't buying.
Way, way, way too much is being made of the supposed impact Intel's new Atom N450 chip will have on the netbook and, by extension, laptop markets.
At one time, Microsoft was about as welcome in Silicon Valley as Darth Vader at a Jedi knight convention. Commonly referred to as the Evil Empire, the company was feared and hated in roughly equal measure when it opened its first Silicon Valley offic...
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."
Microsoft Windows 7 may represent the last ever, large in-mass upgrade of the Windows client environment and define the line where the desktop PC was no longer the center of the end-user universe, according to IDC.
The Great Recession cast a shadow on all sectors of the economy in 2009. IT fared better than most, however, and the slump did not curb the dynamic nature of the industry. Acquisitions among big vendors continued to reshape the market, operating-syst...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's Tizen 3.0 to take on Android and iOS starting in September
- OneNote gets easy video embedding and many more new features
- Developers leak Slack access tokens on GitHub, putting sensitive business data at risk
- Thumb PC uses Google software to give computer vision to robots and drones
- Oracle sets its sights on engineering and construction with Textura buy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia