Combining LinkedIn’s business identity and relationship graph with Microsoft’s commercial cloud and business analysis tools makes a lot of (dollars and) sense.
It's the content that makes the platform, not the hardware. But you wouldn't know that from Microsoft's E3 keynote, which focused on Xbox rather than fresh, unique, compelling games.
Today's professional world "requires a vibrant network that brings together a professional’s information in LinkedIn’s public network with the information in Office 365 and Dynamics," Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella said in a company email.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 4 is the clear choice of hybrid for the enterprise -- and for good reason. Here are five features that make this device the best option for business users.
Microsoft has been using a deceptive tactic to dupe Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users into upgrading to Windows 10 for at least two months.
Microsoft practically kickstarted PC gaming, but it's stumbled in recent years, as Xbox development and badly designed Windows tie-ins drove gamers away. But there's hope, if Microsoft can loosen up and return to its roots.
Many people will know what it’s like to regularly click ‘close’ on the nagging Windows 10 ‘upgrade’ notification. It’s been happening every day for many months. But apparently something on one of these hundreds of fade-into-the-background notificatio...
Microsoft today said it would indeed end its free Windows 10 upgrade offer on July 29. It has real reasons to do so.
Enterprise IT vendors didn't have much to say about commercial drones just 18 months ago, but now Cisco, AT&T, Verizon and others are making their moves.
If you're eyeing one of Microsoft's hybrid devices like the Surface Book, or want to make sure your next laptop is future-proof (hint: check the ports), this episode's for you. Executive News Editor Ken Mingis gets the details from Sharon Machlis, Ex...
Microsoft made a mistake at its recent developers conference when it didn't push customers to buy new hardware, an analyst said today.
As usual, Microsoft is late to the party. But this isn't like all the other times that came before
One of the key parts of Satya Nadella's keynote address to attendees at Microsoft's Build developer conference Wednesday was a discussion of creating virtual assistants and intelligent chat bots to help users do everything from managing their calenda...
Microsoft executives will take the stage at Moscone West in San Francisco on Wednesday for the first of two keynote addresses to the company's big Build developer conference. Here are five key things to expect from the next two days of Microsoft anno...
After Apple's latest dig at PC users, we find out how the new iPad Pro really stacks up against Pro PC tablets.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystWA
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- FTChange & Release AdministratorACT
- FTSenior Network EngineerSA
- FTJapanese Speaking Technical Support EngineerNSW
- CCService Now DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementNSW
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- CCGIS ConsultantQLD
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationACT
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- FTProgram ManagerQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystSA
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD