Microsoft announced a veritable bonanza of new features for its OneNote note taking software across multiple platforms on Thursday. Here's the breakdown.
Microsoft has partnered with a San Francisco-based company to encode information on synthetic DNA to test its potential as a new medium for data storage.
Microsoft's Azure has a rival in Samsung's new Artik Cloud service.
Microsoft has launched a new beta of Skype for Business that runs on Mac, following its launch of a revamped work communication product last year.
Microsoft's acquisition of Nokia is proving to be quite the albatross around the company's neck. The company has stepped away from focusing on phones, and its handset sales revenue fell by almost half in the first quarter.
If you're running Marshmallow, the app can find and translate text directly without the need to hop over to Microsoft's app.
Microsoft announces it will cease production of the Xbox 360, but don't despair: all of its services will continue uninterrupted.
Microsoft's new patent filing envisions a trackpoint with an embedded fingerprint sensor, enabling Windows Hello in mobile devices.
The latest update lets you view notifications, read new emails, and reply to messages from the comfort of your wrist.
Windows users running Apple’s QuickTime are being advised to uninstall the program after the discovery of a number of Zero day vulnerabilities.
Microsoft has its own mobile operating system, but that hasn't stopped it from opening a public beta for a new iPhone keyboard.
Microsoft keeps moving with Windows 10 Mobile, complementing its recent desktop update with improvements to Action Center, Cortana, and the user interface. The new emoji provide a nice dollop of fun.
Microsoft wants a federal court to invalidate part of a 1986 law that it alleged has been abused by the government when authorities demand customers' data.
Microsoft has sued the U.S. government in an attempt to strike down a law allowing judges to gag tech companies when law enforcement agencies want access to their users' data.
The burden of Microsoft's efforts to secure Windows 10 is now falling on PC, tablet and smartphone makers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC