Data released today by Microsoft showed that Windows 7's malware infection rate climbed by more than 30 per cent during the second half of 2010, even as the infection rate of the 10-year-old Windows XP fell by more than 20 per cent.
Twitter today updated its Mac desktop software, the first time the micro-blogging service has refreshed the program since it launched last January.
Delays hitting Microsoft's hosted e-mail service have been mitigated, the company said, following more than 100 posts on a forum about mail slowdowns and outages since Tuesday.
Microsoft is planning to increase the pace of releases for its Dynamics CRM (customer relationship management) software, according to a new "statement of direction" document from the vendor. The move may signal pressure Microsoft is feeling from riva...
Microsoft rocked the tech world and stole the spotlight on the opening day of Google's I/O conference with the announcement that it is buying Skype for $8.5 billion. The news may make some consumers anxious about the future of Skype, but for IT leade...
Microsoft's $8.5 billion acquisition of Skype could profoundly influence a set of collaboration and conferencing technologies called Unified Communications (UC) that have taken years to catch on, analysts said Thursday.
Microsoft yesterday told Mac Office users it doesn't yet have a fix for a PowerPoint bug that it patched for Windows customers.
At first glance, Microsoft's whopping $8.5 billion acquisition of Skype may seem like a pure consumer play to bolster Windows Live, Windows Phone 7 and Xbox Kinect -- or an extremely expensive way to prevent Google from gobbling up Skype first.
Perhaps it is ironic that the U.S. government antitrust oversight of Microsoft <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/051111-end-of-an-era-microsoft.html">expires</a> on the very same week that Google unveiled its Chromebook.
A U.S. court's antitrust oversight of Microsoft is ending after eight and a half years, with some observers questioning what the long fight accomplished.
Apple's iPad hasn't materially affected consumer PC sales, as some have claimed, a research firm said today.
Microsoft's Skype acquisition will result in voice and video calling blended into lots of existing Microsoft products, but the company also stressed that it'll keep building Skype across other platforms.
Microsoft announced today that it purchased Skype for $8.5 billion. After a week of speculation about a possible acquisition by either Facebook or Google, the Microsoft news has shocked the tech world and stolen Google's thunder on the opening day of...
Symbian and Microsoft Windows Mobile platforms have been the proving ground for mobile malware over the past five years, but a new Juniper Networks report states that Google Android now takes "the crown" as the platform getting the most attention fro...
When rumors began circulating that Facebook was eyeing Skype for potential purchase, more than a few observers began to get nervous.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FCC tells ISPs to get customer permission before sharing sensitive info
- No need to shoot down drones! Many of them can now be hijacked
- Qualcomm agrees to buy NXP for over $37 billion
- Privacy group shoots legal arrow at Privacy Shield
- Samsung's smartphone share hit by Note7 debacle, stiff competition
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- FTSolution Architect - Application/IntegrationVIC
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- CCSolutions Architect (Big Data Concepts / Fraud) - Finance - Contract - SydneyCBDNSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceACT
- FTSolution Architect with end user computing (EUC) experienceNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- TPIT Project Manager - Migration & TransformationNSW
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer Payments GatewayVIC
- CCProject Change ManagerNSW
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA
- FTBI Developer-Micro-strategyNSW
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- CCURGENT REQUIREMENT - Business AnalystACT
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager, SuperannuationNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- FTChief Enterprise ArchitectNSW