Microsoft's $8.5 billion acquisition of Skype is largely seen as a defensive move by analysts, as the company struggles to keep up with the likes of Google and Facebook on the Internet.
Microsoft has agreed to buy Skype for $8.5 billion, the companies announced Tuesday.
On-demand ERP software vendor NetSuite is expected to announce a new push into large enterprises on Tuesday during its SuiteWorld user conference in San Francisco.
Microsoft is close to finalizing a deal to buy Internet phone company Skype Technologies for over US$7 billion, and a deal could be announced by Tuesday, according to a news report.
Apple is the most valuable brand in the world, beating out former top brand Google. The house that Jobs built is so highly valued that it is worth more than Microsoft and Coca-Cola combined, according to the 2011 BrandZ Top 100.
Google's Android was the top smartphone operating system in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2011, overtaking the market share of Research in Motion's BlackBerry and keeping Apple's iPhone in the third position, according to ComScore.
There are phishing scams out there targeting Adobe users. Make sure you know how to recognize and avoid these threats when they arrive in your Inbox.
The news that iPhones, iPads and Android devices secretly track the locations of their owners poses a potentially serious dilemma for IT staffs. If someone's manager asks IT to retrieve that data and hand it over, what should IT do? We certainly have...
Microsoft is releasing tools aimed at making it easier for developers to build iPhone, Android and Windows Phone 7 apps that use Windows Azure.
Apple has topped Google as the most valuable brand in the world, according to a study released over the weekend by brand consultancy Millward Brown.
A video game system backed by Lenovo is scheduled to be launched in China in the second half of this year.
Microsoft on Wednesday said it will not help Windows Phone users who updated their smartphones last month with an unsanctioned tool, and are now unable to apply a security update.
The Android-powered Xperia Mini Pro smartphone from Sony Ericsson, Sony Ericsson unveiled the Xperia Mini and Xperia Mini Pro smartphones in London on Thursday, each running Android 2.3 and powered by 1 GHz Snapdragon processors.
The National Security Agency (NSA) recently published a report, "Best Practices for Keeping Your Home Network Secure" (PDF) in which it makes numerous recommendations designed to help home computer users avoid malware and other common problems.
With Red Hat on the verge of becoming the first billion-dollar company focused exclusively on open source software, it has attracted quite a bit of attention -- from lawyers waving patents.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Salesforce tries to block Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Google rebrands Apps for Work as G Suite, adds intelligent features
- Bounty for iOS jailbreak exploit jumps to US$1.5 million
- Researchers make progress toward computer video recognition
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT