Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer launched the much-awaited Office 365 on Tuesday, after a beta program of about nine months, as the company responds -- some critics say belatedly -- to the rising popularity of cloud-based applications for collaboration an...
Microsoft said it remains committed to HealthVault, its service that lets users store all their medical information in one place, despite <a href="http://www.cio.com/article/685090/Google_Shuts_Down_Health_Energy_Services">Google's announcement last ...
Apple's iPad owns the tablet market, according to a new study of Internet traffic in the U.S., but that doesn't mean the competition is going away.
When Microsoft launches Office 365 on Tuesday, the countdown will officially begin for current BPOS customers to upgrade to the new suite.
Microsoft has quietly created a new group, the office of civic innovation, as well as a new online magazine designed to promote its public sector initiatives.
Craig Mundie, Microsoft's chief research and strategy officer, demonstrated some applications on Thursday that apply current technologies to problems facing the health care industry.
Nokia has shown its first Windows Phone to the world, perhaps by accident.
Cloud computing is widely perceived as a threat to Microsoft, because the maker of Windows and Microsoft Office earns the lion's share of its money selling licenses for packaged software.
The first Windows Phone from Nokia is code-named Sea Ray, comes with an 8-megapixel camera and uses the Mango version of Microsoft's OS,<a href="http://www.technet.hu/telefon/20110624/exkluziv_video_elop_bemutatja_az_elso_windowsos_nokiat/">according...
Microsoft introduced this week technology for C++ developers to leverage GPUs (graphics processing units) for parallel programming.
Microsoft's BPOS Cloud-hosted communication and collaboration suite suffered an outage on Wednesday, the latest in a string of technical problems in recent months.
There's "the cloud" and then there's Windows Azure.
Eight Skype executives have departed the company following Microsoft's $8.5 billion buyout in May, a Skype spokeswoman confirmed on Monday.
Is HTML5 the Holy Grail for building next-generation Web applications?
Microsoft has received clearance from U.S. antitrust regulators for its proposed purchase of Internet telephony company Skype.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalized domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTCampaign ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst (BI Focus)WA
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst Forecaster - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTTest Automation Lead | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Wealth Advice/SuperannuationNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTSales Operations ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk - Level 1 SupportVIC
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst x2QLD
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC
- CCPMO Analyst - Telco - MelbourneVIC