Microsoft enjoyed strong income and revenue growth for its third fiscal quarter despite sluggish PC sales, with Xbox and Office doing well, the company reported Thursday.
A trial version of a 3D CAD software package includes "phone-home" functionality that allows the vendor to contact downloaders months later and demand thousands of dollars in licensing fees, according to a class-action lawsuit filed recently in Massa...
Verizon may finally be preparing to start offering a Windows Phone 7 smartphone, following months of rumors about the launch date.
With Mother's Day fast approaching and graduations and summer vacation on the horizon in a few weeks, Microsoft has given the Shopping section of its Bing search engine a makeover, including the ability to link it to Facebook accounts.
Microsoft's Windows accounted for 78.6 per cent of worldwide operating system revenue in 2010, up nearly a full percentage point, despite growth in Linux servers and Mac desktops, according to Gartner.
The Attachmate Group announced Wednesday that it has completed its $2.2 billion acquisition of Novell, a networking pioneer in the 1980s that’s now being described as “a leader in intelligent workload management” by its new owner.
Having closed its $2.2 billion acquisition of Novell, Attachmate now is eyeing cloud service providers as potential customers for the company's newly acquired Suse Linux platform. The company also plans to continue promoting Suse for deployment on ma...
In an effort to demonstrate the versatility of its PowerPivot business intelligence technology, Microsoft has released a free add-on application to Microsoft Office that analyzes the contents of a user's Microsoft Exchange calendar.
The BlackBerry servers enterprises have installed in their data centers won't be able to connect to the Exchange Online portion of Microsoft's Office 365 cloud service, but RIM plans to have a cloud-based BlackBerry email service move into beta once ...
The latest Appcelerator/IDC mobile survey has uncovered a growing well of frustration among Android developers, with underwhelming tablets, OS fragmentation and multiple app stores cited as the main worries.
In the midst of an uproar over ways that Apple and Google collect and store location information from mobile phones, Microsoft has laid out details about its Windows Phone 7 data collection policies.
Malaysia plans to offer every adult in the country a free Web-based e-mail account to ensure that tax returns, court documents and other official notices reach the population of 28.3 million.
While Microsoft has not announced the release date, or even the official name, of its follow-up to Windows 7, an early pre-beta version of the OS has surfaced on the Internet, the second version to appear within a month.
If you are a professional or small business currently beta testing Microsoft's cloud-based productivity and collaboration suite, Office 365, you will want to add your registered domain name to the service.
We've known for almost a year that Microsoft is building facial recognition technology into Windows 8, potentially offering a more secure (and fun) way to log into your computer.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC