Federal Trade Commission Chairman Jon Liebowitz this week singled out Google for not adopting "Do Not Track," the privacy feature that lets consumers opt out of online tracking by Web sites and advertisers.
According to anonymous sources who spoke with Kotaku earlier today, the next Xbox and PlayStation consoles shouldn't be expected until 2014. One insider believes that "both MS and Sony are telegraphing to each other that they're delaying, to milk the...
Microsoft said on Wednesday that its BPOS-Federal service has received an important certification that allows federal organizations to use the service.
IBM says it will support servers running Microsoft Windows on one of its mainframe platforms by the end of this year.
A Michigan woman pleaded guilty Wednesday to a charge related to selling more than US$400,000 worth of counterfeit software on a website, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Microsoft will not be able to keep patents it proposed to buy from Novell under an agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice announced Wednesday.
Now that the public beta has begun, I've had a little time to evaluate Office 365, and it's been an interesting experience. I run a small business and am already a Google Apps for Business user, so am I tempted to make the switch?
(Writer's Comment: Starting today, Bugs and Fixes will be posted biweekly each month for your convenience. You'll still be able to read the Bugs and Fixes column in the monthly print issue of PCWorld.)
Facebook, HP, Rackspace, Juniper, Fujitsu and dozens of other organizations have joined a group building a defensive patent portfolio to protect Linux-using members from potential lawsuits.
Novell is porting Moonlight, an open source version of Microsoft's Silverlight rich Internet application plug-in software, to Google's Android mobile platform, a Novell official acknowledged on Tuesday afternoon.
A little less than a year ago, Wall Street reached a Microsoft vs. Apple milestone: for the first time, Apple's corporate value surpassed Microsoft's.
Microsoft today released a pair of security advisories for Chrome, the browser built by rival Google.
Microsoft on Tuesday <a href="http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/windowsphone/archive/2011/04/19/updates-begin-for-at-amp-t-windows-phones.aspx">started rolling out software updates</a> to users of the Samsung Focus and LG Quantum, following ...
When it comes to IT, China likes to build big, whether it's the world's largest supercomputer or city-size complexes dedicated to cloud computing. Now, China is near to adding something else to its list of big tech things: the world's largest market ...
One of the most compelling aspects of Office 365 -- aside from its overall value -- is that you can access it from virtually anywhere. Because it is delivered from the cloud, the tools and services in Office 365 are not tied to a single PC or device,...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- Inside Intel's bold plan to personalize live 3D sports broadcasts
- Assange seeks to discuss his US extradition with the feds
- XCOM 2's eagerly anticipated Long War 2 total conversion mod released in Steam Workshop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleNSW
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- TPSOA DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW