Microsoft today announced that it had wrapped up work on Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1), and would start delivering the major upgrade on Feb. 22 through Windows Update.
Microsoft has appointed its online services veteran, Satya Nadella, to head its US$15 billion server and tools business, the company announced Wednesday.
Microsoft's latest round of patches released on Tuesday includes an optional update that will shut off the "autorun" capability for users of older Windows operating systems, a move the company has made to reflect the resurgence of worms carried on re...
An annual show in Taipei this year will roll out games geared toward the fast-growing and potentially lucrative China online market, event organizers said on Wednesday.
As it promised last year, on Monday the world's biggest bug bounty program released information about nearly two dozen unpatched vulnerabilities, including five in Microsoft Office, after deadlines expired.
Microsoft today issued 12 security updates that patched 22 bugs in Windows, Internet Explorer (IE), Office and its Internet server software.
Microsoft and RIM are making moves to assist application developers building for the vendors' respective handheld platforms, with Microsoft updating developer tools for Windows Phone and RIM upgrading a simulator for the upcoming RIM PlayBook tablet.
Google's Android outranked Apple's iPhone in total smartphone subscribers in the U.S. at the end of the fourth quarter of 2010, according to survey data released Monday by market research company Comscore.
Will Nokia team up with Microsoft to put the Windows Phone OS on Nokia's mobile handsets? The idea gained steam last week after Berenberg Bank analyst Adnaan Ahmad sent an open letter to both companies pleading that they save themselves by forming an...
Microsoft will take yet another crack this month at fixing a December update for Outlook 2007, the company said last week.
SAP on Monday announced the 2.6 release of its SaaS (software-as-a-service) suite Business ByDesign, which contains a highly anticipated SDK (software development kit) that partners will use to create extensions and add-ons.
Google on Thursday patched nine bugs in Chrome and upgraded the most stable edition of the browser to version 9.
An analyst's open letter to Nokia's CEO, a former Microsoft executive, has triggered intense speculation that the Finnish phone maker will adopt Windows Phone 7 as the firmware for at least some of its struggling smartphone line.
Microsoft has refreshed the Windows Azure software development kit to fix a bug that can expose cookie information to clients who have built applications on top of the cloud platform.
Even if Microsoft did copy Google's search results the practice couldn't be scaled enough to mimic Google's algorithms in any widespread and meaningful way, search industry analysts and executives said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A Russian hacker gave away millions of email credentials for social media votes
- It's time to future-proof Australia's copyright laws for the 21st century
- Prepare for the rise of the augmented human: Futurist Simon Raik-Allen
- This startup uses machine learning to turn your old enterprise apps into mobile ones
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives. But US only for now.
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- FTBA/Technical Project Manager/Product ManagerQLD
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCAzure Consultant/EngineerQLD
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Portfolio Services ManagementNSW
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia