After a yearlong <a href="http://www.cio.com/article/599192/Microsoft_Expands_Intune_Beta_to_10_000_More_Users">beta program</a>, the Windows Intune hosted desktop management service is going live, Microsoft announced Wednesday.
If IT shops want to prevent users from going to the Cloud, they have to bring the Cloud to the users.
A lot has changed in the browser universe since Firefox 3.0 launched in June 2008. Google Chrome burst onto the scene, and has undergone frequent updates since then. Microsoft released IE 8 and IE 9. Safari advanced from version 3 then to version 5 n...
Google, Facebook and Microsoft are among the heavy hitters of the tech industry that have teamed up to support a new, cloud-focused initiative called Software-Defined Networking (SDN).
Firefox 4 got off to a strong start today, with one million copies of the new browser downloaded in the first three hours.
Microsoft is updating the next version of its System Center IT infrastructure and server management suite so it can manage virtual machines in the cloud. It is also adding controls that will allow departmental IT chiefs to manage their own system res...
Google took a slap at Microsoft on Tuesday, saying the software giant's patent lawsuit against bookseller Barnes & Noble's Android-based e-reader stifles innovation.
Microsoft's IE9 provides a browsing experience that even Chrome and Firefox users may find compelling.
A Mozilla executive last week said he was surprised that rival Microsoft has abandoned support for the 10-year-old Windows XP operating system in its new Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) browser.
There's a new version of the Firefox browser coming out this week, and it's so good you may want to adopt it instead of either Microsoft's IE or Google's Chrome. Indeed, I've already made the switch using an almost complete version of Firefox 4; the ...
The U.S. government itself has come out against <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/subnets/microsoft/">Microsoft</a> in a Supreme Court case that may decide the way patents are protected.
Adobe Monday patched a critical vulnerability in Adobe Reader, making good on a promise last week to plug the hole.
Microsoft has taken legal action against Barnes & Noble, and its Android manufacturing partners, with both the International Trade Commission and the US District Court of the Western District of Washington.
Microsoft has filed a patent lawsuit against bookseller Barnes & Noble, accusing the company of running infringing software on its Android-based Nook e-reader.
The Rustock botnet--one of the most prolific sources of spam -- has gone silent. Microsoft worked with security vendors and the civil court system to pull the plug on Rustock. Some security experts question, though, if the absence of Rustock will hav...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Four state AGs sue to block US decision to cede key internet role
- Salesforce tries to block Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Google rebrands Apps for Work as G Suite, adds intelligent features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCICT Security AuditorACT