Recalling all those AOL disks promising hundreds of hours of free usage (minus the disks), Microsoft is offering up to 750 free hours of use on its Azure service as an enticement for developers to try cloud computing, the company announced Tuesday.
Windows Phone 7 users looks set to be able to enjoy Angry Birds on their handsets after the game's developer Rovio confirmed it was planning a version for Microsoft's mobile platform
When the Nintendo Wii was first announced at E3 in 2005, I, like many gamers, wrote it off as a gimmick. After all, part of being a gamer was being a slob on the couch, eating the Official Food of Gaming (pizza) and drinking the Official Drink of Gam...
RIM's BlackBerry brought smartphones before the public eye; Apple's iPhone made them a must-have fashion accessory. Google's Android provided a platform on which a multitude of manufacturers could build its own competing devices.
The Mobile World Congress 2011show has just finished, and along with a veritable feast of smartphones, PC Advisor saw a multitued of exciting products in the burgeoning tablet PCs market. Here is our pick of the most interesting tablet PCs of MWC 201...
What would you call a Blizzard job listing for 'Senior Producer, Console,' on Diablo III? Waffling? Uncertain? Iffy? How about "pretty much a shoe-in"?
Dell's roadmaps for tablets and smartphones have apparently been leaked, and the listings show devices running on yet-to-be-released Google Android and Microsoft software. Among these devices, a vertical QWERTY slider phone with the next-generation ...
Microsoft researchers are trying to improve the efficiency of flash memory by building software that uses solid-state storage in conjunction with RAM and hard disk, and eliminates random writes and other wasted operations.
Microsoft has prohibited developers from using GPLv3-licensed open source software in any application distributed on the Windows Phone Marketplace. But Redmond is pushing mobile application developers to use packages based on an open source license c...
Ouch! According to Jorma Ollila, chairman of Nokia's board, there will be no Windows 7 phones from the once-mighty phone maker until 2012. At least that's what Ollila told Finnish TV, which Reuters picked up.
Novell's shareholders have approved the sale of the company to Attachmate for about US$2.2 billion, although the deal depends on Novell getting approval to sell hundreds of patents to a consortium led by Microsoft.
Microsoft yesterday downplayed the threat posed to Windows users by a recently-revealed vulnerability, saying that it was unlikely the bug could be exploited to compromise a computer.
The Novell-sponsored Mono Project on Tuesday will offer a beta version of Moonlight 4, an open source Linux implementation of Microsoft's Silverlight rich Internet application plug-in that tracks the most recent Microsoft release, Silverlight 4.
OpenOffice.org is one of the leading competitors to the Microsoft Office suite of business productivity applications. Originally developed as StarOffice in the late 1990s, the suite had been managed in recent years by Sun Microsystems as an open sour...
At a keynote speech delivered at the RSA Security Conference, Scott Charney -- Microsoft corporate vice president for Trustworthy Computing -- reiterated a vision for the future of Internet security. Charney painted a picture of a collaborative appro...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- DNC hacker Guccifer 2.0 denies Russian links and mocks security firms
- This new model for quantum circuits is like a 5-decker sandwich
- Dell stops selling Android devices
- IBM and Cisco will make Watson into a virtual workmate
- Time is short to stop expansion of FBI hacking, senator says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCSolution DesignerACT
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCChange ManagerACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW