Microsoft today announced new high-powered 1TB versions of its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4, along with a gold Surface Pen. The company also announced a recall for AC power cord adapters for a slew of its Surface Pro devices.
Businesses using Microsoft's Azure cloud platform have some good news coming: their infrastructure bills may be shrinking come February.
Slack may be the darling of the group communication market right now, but there's one thing it's missing: voice and video calling. Microsoft is aiming to patch that up with a new integration between Skype and the popular messaging service.
Swiss designer Rinspeed has come up with a good looking concept car that's packed with technology for the business user. The Etos is based on a BMW i8 but has what might be described as a turbo tech package.
Microsoft is pushing Windows 10 on a group of previously off-limits users as its new operating system nears the six month anniversary of its release.
Microsoft announced Wednesday that it has acquired the technology assets from Event Zero to improve the management capabilities of its Skype for Business VoIP product.
People who need to cook up a video conference while on the go have an easier time ahead of them, thanks to new updates Microsoft announced to Outlook for iOS and Android.
Members of the Windows Insider Program got their first new beta build of Microsoft's operating system for 2016, and it's a snoozer when it comes to user-facing features.
Microsoft is giving developers and students a free crack at its new server software for the R programming language.
Microsoft this week took the next step following its acquisition of Revolution Analytics last year by unwrapping an advanced-analytics platform of its own based on the open source R programming language.
Windows 10 was the biggest news story out of Microsoft in 2015, and looking forward to the coming year, it’s slated to continue as one of the pillars of the company’s business. Here's what to expect.
Cortana for Android users are expressing their frustration after Microsoft turned off the app's "Hey Cortana" voice activation feature on Sunday.
The collaboration and voice chat app Talko announced Monday that it has sold to Microsoft, which will be rolling its technology and team members into Skype.
Microsoft furthered its pursuit of enterprise analytics on Friday when it announced the acquisition of Metanautix, a company that makes it possible for businesses to pull together all their data to gain insights into it.
Microsoft delved even deeper into providing software for Android on Thursday with the launch of Microsoft Apps, a new application that gives users of Google's operating system a one-stop shop to find apps like Word, Cortana and Bing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA