Microsoft just announced a new Connected Vehicle Platform, which brings together a suite of services for connected cars.
2016 was a big year for splashy Microsoft announcements. But there was some news that flew under the radar. While they may not have the splash factor of a Surface Studio or HoloLens, these changes have the potential to alter Microsoft’s course and th...
Microsoft Chief Marketing Officer said in an interview that foisting a Windows 10 upgrade on users wasn't entirely the right thing to do.
Microsoft is trying to help create machines that can have conversations by releasing a new set of data for free.
A new system update can speed up your Xbox One downloads by up to 80 percent.
Yahoo users have 1 billion more reasons to switch another major hack. Here's how to replace major Yahoo services with rivals and delete your Yahoo account.
Microsoft released two Windows 10 updates in quick succession, leading many to believe their DHCP connection problems were caused by the earlier update.
Microsoft's making several under-the-hood improvements to Cortana, not the least of which will be an SDK for (finally!) consumer devices powered by the technology.
Finding customer service help online can be a pain. Microsoft is aiming to help with that by making it easier to create intelligent bots that can answer common questions.
Cortana is coming to your coffee maker courtesy of Windows IoT Core and the Windows 10 Creators Update.
Microsoft's Cortana virtual assistant is getting a facelift on iOS and Android aimed at making it more useful for users, and also bringing a bit of brightness to what's currently a rather dour interface.
As the Microsoft-LinkedIn deal closes, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella outlines how Office 365 workers will benefit from mining LinkedIn's store of digital intelligence and making connections, whether for career goals or data analysis.
Microsoft and Intel will team up on "Project Evo" to help future computers better understand the world around them. Plus: The two companies release hardware specs for new PCs designed for virtual reality.
Microsoft and Qualcomm have teamed up to bring Windows on ARM chips—again—to PCs, but with a powerful caveat: they've added support for traditional Win32 apps as well.
Microsoft is aiming to help users stay connected by supporting the installation of programmable SIM cards in PCs and Windows tablets and letting users purchase cellular data service though the Windows Store.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Attackers start wiping data from CouchDB and Hadoop databases
- LinkedIn overhauls its desktop website
- Switches coming out this year will drive open networking forward
- Sniper Elite 4 preview: More sniping, less shooting
- Facebook plans new data center in Denmark
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTData Analyst - MDMNSW
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)Other
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager IntegrationNSW
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC