Microsoft has made list making in Windows 10 and Wunderlust a lot easier, thanks to integration with its Cortana digital assistant.
Put away the Halloween candy, and dust off your stuffed turkeys, folks. October is long gone, as are a fresh set of announcements from Microsoft about changes to its Azure cloud platform. Here's the important news you might have missed.
Microsoft made waves when it announced that it joined the Linux Foundation, but some are skeptical of the company's motives. Linux Foundation Executive Director Jim Zemlin says that this isn't a case of Microsoft trying to kill Linux, though.
Microsoft's Connect developer conference kicked off Wednesday with some expected news: the next versions of the Visual Studio IDE have arrived on Windows and Mac. (Yep, you read that right.)
There's one small glimmer of hope in the relationship between Google and Microsoft: Google has joined the .NET Foundation, to help drive forward the programming language Microsoft created.
Microsoft's continued investment in artificial intelligence and machine learning technology is paying dividends. The company has partnered with OpenAI, a non-profit company founded earlier this year to advance the field of machine intelligence for th...
Eugene Kaspersky says Microsoft's favoritism towards Windows Defender is unfair.
Microsoft launched Monday its Outlook Customer Manager, a lightweight CRM system. It allows users to track their customers, manage deals in progress, track tasks and more, all from their Outlook email client.
Microsoft is beefing up its Xbox One social environment with a slew of new enhancements for connecting with friends online.
Microsoft is working on tools to help users accelerate their applications with FPGAs.
Microsoft will add the Access database application to small business Office 365 subscriptions, two years after plucking the program from a similar plan.
Microsoft is aiming to capitalize further on companies' move towards containerization with a set of updates announced Monday for its public cloud platform.
Microsoft appears to be sneakily reinstating Windows 10 ads without explicit user permission. Weren't we done with all this?
Microsoft's new Slack-killer, Teams, swaps simplicity for rich interactions with colleagues that take advantage of the Office app suite.
Workplace collaboration has become increasingly focused on chat in the past couple years, and Microsoft is jumping into the new space with both feet, launching a new product it calls Teams.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
- Russian cyberspies likely behind DNC breach move on to German election
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- Cyberspies stole secrets from industrial giant ThyssenKrupp
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane basedOther
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- FTInfrastructure Team LeadVIC
- CCLead Enterprise Solution Architect - CloudNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTSystem Engineer - VirtulisationNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- CCSenior Test Manager - Defence ProjectVIC
- CCMobile Application DeveloperQLD
- TPIntegration DeveloperWA
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- CCSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperQLD
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperACT
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCService Desk Consultants - Urgent - Large multinational!!NSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW