Microsoft and Toyota plan to use Windows Azure, the software giant's cloud offering, to build a telematics service that will initially serve people who have the car maker's electric and plug-in hybrid cars.
Microsoft has appointed a new chief marketing officer, Chris Capossela, to take the place of Mich Mathews, who announced last week that she was stepping down.
Microsoft and Toyota Motor will announce a collaboration between the two companies later Wednesday, they said.
Two decades after Linus Torvalds developed his famous operating system kernel, the battle between Linux and Microsoft is over and Linux has won, says Linux Foundation Executive Director Jim Zemlin.
Selenium 2.0, an upgrade to the popular open source Web application testing toolset, is anticipated for release this summer, featuring accommodations for mobile platforms and architectural improvements, its creator said on Tuesday.
A convergence of historical circumstance and an increase in innovative mobile applications may make Africa the first post-PC continent.
The ever-growing number of non-relational, or NoSQL, databases needs standardization in order to thrive, two Microsoft researchers argue in the new issue of the Association for Computing Machinery's flagship publication, Communications.
Microsoft has expanded the capabilities of its Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset (DaRT) to allow administrators to troubleshoot ill-behaving desktop Windows computers from afar.
A developer today released a tool that lets adventurous Windows Phone 7 owners upgrade their smartphones' operating system now rather than wait for their carrier to offer the update.
SharePoint, Microsoft's software program offering everything from online document management to Intranets to social networking sites, has over 100 million users and a majority of them are from Fortune 500 companies, according to Microsoft.
Microsoft's Internet Explorer has created some ripples in the browser sector lately, which could have implications regardless of whether you are in the Microsoft Internet Explorer camp.
A state senator in California has introduced a bill that would allow Web surfers to opt out of online tracking efforts by websites and advertising networks.
Developer Chris Walsh has apparently done what software giant Microsoft has failed to accomplish: let anyone with a Windows Phone 7 device install the first two operating system updates.
Brainshark has unveiled features for its video presentation service to create a more interactive experience for smartphone users.
It's an exciting day. Yes, it is April Fool's Day -- which is quite fun, but that isn't what I am referring to. New browser usage stats are out; giving us something other than just the marketing spin Microsoft and Mozilla try so hard to put on their ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Russian man receives longest-ever prison sentence in the US for hacking
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystNSW
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)WA
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- CC1 st Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTPMO CoordinatorQLD
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTContracts & Procurement Support OfficerACT
- FTProject Coordinator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- CCTraining Content and Delivery SpecialistNSW