The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has given Microsoft's proposal for a standard protecting consumer privacy the seal of approval. Acceptance by W3C -- the governing body responsible for HTML5 -- is a significant hurdle for Microsoft as it works to ...
Two days after the first Windows Phone 7 update become available, and problems began surfacing for some users, Microsoft has released some details about why.
Many small businesses have relied on Microsoft's Small Business Server (SBS) family of servers to get their feet wet with their first server and network. Introduced back in 1997 as BackOffice Small Business Server 4.0, SBS has matured into a tightly ...
Microsoft shed a little bit of light on the problems it had sending out the first update for its Windows Phone 7 software, but it has still suspended updates to Samsung phones while it works out the issue.
Google will intensify its attack on Microsoft's enterprise collaboration business with the release on Thursday of the Cloud Connect plug-in for Microsoft Office and with the launch of a trial program for the collaboration components of Google Apps.
Taiwanese PC maker Micro-Star International (MSI) said on Thursday it would target business users with the release of three new 10.1-inch touchscreen tablet PCs on June 1, two with Windows 7 and one with Google's Android Honeycomb OS.
Microsoft has patched a bug in its malware scanning engine that could be used as a stepping stone for an attacker looking to seize control of a Windows box.
Microsoft used its annual Public Sector CIO Summit to highlight the use of its cloud services and take a few digs at Google, which has won some high profile public-sector contracts itself.
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Six months after leaving Microsoft to join desktop virtualization vendor Parallels, executive Birger Steen has been promoted to CEO.
The software glitch afflicting some Samsung Windows Phone 7 users is being magnified by an apparent lack of coordination among the key players in Microsoft's mobile environment.
He may run IT for one of the best-known names in technology, but even Microsoft's CIO is grappling with new technology challenges like moving to the cloud and handling consumer electronics that employees bring to work.
Microsoft has pulled a software update for Samsung phones running its Windows Phone 7 OS after it caused problems with those devices, according to the company.
SAP is set to challenge Oracle, IBM and Microsoft in the small but growing market for CEP (complex event processing) software with a product called Event Insight, which it planned to announce Wednesday at an event in New York.
As promised, Microsoft today started offering Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) on Windows Update.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for $85.4B in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC