Microsoft's Kinect for Xbox 360 ditched handheld controllers for gestures and sound, but natural user interfaces don't have to be restricted to video games.
Microsoft today shipped three security updates that patched four vulnerabilities in Windows and Office.
Guess what today is? Yes, it is Fat Tuesday--the official kick off of Mardi Gras.
Google patched 25 vulnerabilities in Chrome today in one last update before the Pwn2Own hacking contest starts Wednesday in Canada.
While virtual servers have proven a boon in the data center, they don't address the challenge of incrementally adding server capacity and automatically distributing load across them. As a result, the responsiveness and availability of a highly utiliz...
Mozilla has urged users to update their graphics cards' drivers if they want to take advantage of Firefox 4's hardware acceleration.
Dell will release an ultrathin laptop with Intel's latest Sandy Bridge chips in the next few weeks, the company said Monday.
Draft rules proposed by the Indian government for intermediaries such as telecommunications companies, Internet service providers and blogging sites could in effect aid censorship, according to experts.
This time next year Steve Jobs may take to the stage and introduce the iPad 3, while Microsoft is still working on a tablet-tailored Windows, according to a Bloomberg report. A few months after, though, Microsoft will release a tablet-friendly versio...
In the same week that Apple released version 2 of its iPad tablet PC arch rival Microsoft is rumoured to be delaying its own version of Windows for tablets until late next year.
“Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer 6," Microsoft said this week in launching a new site that tracks the progress of pushing IE6 market share below one per cent.
Android smartphones beat out iPhone and BlackBerry devices for the first time in the U.S. in the latest Nielsen Co. survey conducted just prior to Verizon Wireless sales of the iPhone.
Microsoft today launched a deathwatch for its 10-year-old Internet Explorer 6 browser, saying it wanted to "see IE6 gone for good."
After resuming the update to Samsung Windows phones on Wednesday, Microsoft is running into problems again.
A U.S. Department of Justice spokeswoman would not comment Friday on reports that the agency is investigating patent management firm MPEG LA for allegedly trying to suppress an open-source video compression format supported by Google.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AWS wants to dominate beyond the public cloud with Lambda updates
- After warehouse staff, Amazon to replace store clerks with robots
- Chrome bug triggered errors on websites using Symantec SSL certificates
- OpenAI releases Universe, a platform for training AIs to play games, use apps
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- FT.Net & Oracle Developers - Agile, Digital/ Portal DevelopmentNSW
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCProject Manager - InfrastructureQLD
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTProcess Analysts, Wealth ManagementVIC
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- CCSecurity ConsultantWA
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD