Hard on the heels of Microsoft's decision to offer "do not track" functionality in its upcoming Internet Explorer 9 browser comes word that Mozilla is planning a similar move for its Firefox 4.
Microsoft has announced that its manufacturing partners have sold more than 1.5 million Windows Phone 7 devices since the mobile platform's launch six weeks ago. Achim Berg, Microsoft's vice president of marketing and business for Windows Phones, mad...
Microsoft today said makers of phones running its new Windows mobile operating system had sold 1.5 million handsets since the October launch of Windows Phone 7 (WP7).
Microsoft last week killed an anti-piracy service that checked whether customers were running legal copies of Office, saying that the program had "served its purpose."
Nattering nabobs of negativism aside, the marketplace for Windows Phone 7 apps is doing quite well, thank you. A recent analysis from IDC shows that the WP7 marketplace is growing at a faster clip out of the gate than its counterpart for Google's And...
Microsoft's Xbox 360 is the most used console among users aged 13 or older, according to a new survey from media tracker Nielsen. "Most used", meaning everything from playing games to watching movies or catching some tunes to surfing the internet.
Addressing the growing market for tools that handle very large data sets, Microsoft has released a beta set of technologies, called Dryad, to manage and analyze large amounts of information across a cluster of Windows Servers.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer's ranking as a chief executive plunged 65 places this year, while Apple CEO Steve Jobs climbed 31 spots, according to a "wealth creation" index released today.
Nokia and Microsoft are reportedly discussing an alliance that would lead to Nokia-branded smartphones running the Windows Phone 7 mobile operating system. The claim comes from respected Russian tech blogger Eldar Murtazin, the man behind many of the...
Today a lot of people are mourning the possible loss of Delicious (or, as it used to be known, del.icio.us), following news that Yahoo is planning to sell or otherwise dispose of the popular Web bookmarking service five years after acquiring it.
Can we talk? Based on the e-mails I get every day, I know a lot of you are still using Windows XP. I can understand why; it's like a comfortable old shoe. Plus, it's bought and paid for. Windows 7 probably seems stiff and scary, and it's not like Mic...
Microsoft last week pulled an update for Outlook 2007 issued just two days earlier, citing connection and performance problems for the unusual move.
The battle lines for the mobile marketplace have been drawn, and the battle of the titans - Google, Apple, Microsoft -- has begun. While the generals amass their troops, what have we here in the corner? A bunch of doodlers, cartoonists, storytellers,...
Notify Technology has announced a new hosted management service aimed at enterprise deployments of different mobile platforms, including iOS, Android, BlackBerry OS, webOS and Windows Mobile.
Apple, Oracle and EMC are involved with CPTN Holdings LLC, the Microsoft-led consortium that is purchasing 882 patents from Novell for US$450 million, according to a Dec. 9 posting on the website of German antitrust authority Bundeskartellamt, or Fed...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple hires mobile encryption pioneer amid encryption debate
- HPE is spinning out its huge services business and merging it with CSC
- Tech woes hamper jury in Oracle case aginst Google
- Cisco's Meraki spreads its cloud to voice
- Datameer gets an overhaul to make big-data analytics easier
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia