Pano Logic has launched a new version of its zero-client device, supporting video and Citrix virtualisation for the first time,
The departure of long-time Microsoft executive Bob Muglia is a troubling sign because he was held in high esteem by the firm's technical talent, an analyst said today.
Making multiple moves in the Web development space, Microsoft is introducing this week both a website building tool for neophytes and the third major version of its MVC (Model View Controller) technology.
Microsoft plans to launch an application on Thursday for quickly ramping up websites and lightweight Web applications, called WebMatrix.
In a move that will be seen by many as <strong>a sign of open-source advocates' influence</strong>, <strong>a filing in Germany </strong>to create a consortium led by Microsoft to buy Novell patents has been withdrawn.
So, you want to play some Call Of Duty on your PC? You could do that the old fashioned way, or you could spice things up a little by hooking your PC up to Microsoft's Kinect and Nintendo's Wii Remote for some added FPS awesomeness, One avid gamer has...
Microsoft is asking the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to deny Apple a trademark on the name "App Store," saying the term is generic and competitors should be able to use it.
In a move that will be seen by many as a big win for open-source advocates, a plan to create a consortium led by Microsoft to buy Novell patents has been withdrawn.
The gadget teardown team at iFixit has taken apart the HTC Surround, a device based on Microsoft's new Windows Phone 7 mobile operating system, and found that the Surround hardware recycles parts HTC used to build the Android-based Nexus One.
Microsoft today turned to a new defensive measure to help users ward off ongoing attacks exploiting a known bug in Internet Explorer (IE).
Microsoft today patched three vulnerabilities in Windows, one that could be exploited by attackers who dupe users into visiting a malicious Web site.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said Monday that he has decided to replace Bob Muglia as the head of the Server and Tools Business, and that Muglia will leave Microsoft this summer instead of taking on a new role at the company.
IBM earned more U.S. patents in 2010 than any other company, topping the list of patent winners for the 18th year in a row.
You knew this was coming.
In an attempt to further ease deployments for third-party developers, Microsoft is reengineering its Microsoft Dynamics ERP (enterprise resource planning) software.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCData ArchitectSA
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW