In 2016, Microsoft Edge was the only major PC browser to run Netflix in 1080p. With the Windows 10 Creators Update, it's now made the jump to 4K.
Part of the Windows 10 Creators Update includes a feature called Delivery Optimization, which will help you avoid re-downloading the same patches and app updates over and over across the multiple PCs in your home.
With the Windows 10 Creators Update, Microsoft has brought ebook capabilities to its Microsoft Edge browser. Here's how to take full advantage of those features.
People working on Excel spreadsheets will be able to do so live from Microsoft’s app for Windows, starting Tuesday. Microsoft launched a beta update for the app’s real-time co-authoring feature, letting testers collaborate with one another on the sam...
Microsoft added Cortana to the Android lock screen in an update earlier this month, but now you can ask questions and have it do things without needing to unlock your phones.
Microsoft's Docs.com shares documents with the world by default, but that hasn't stopped people from uploading their bank statements.
Microsoft has delayed the release of its tools for connecting other services to the Cortana virtual assistant, a decision that could cause it to lose ground in a crowded industry.
If implemented properly, blockchain can help secure medical devices and improve patient privacy, but the key is proper implementation, according to a top security pro at Partners Healthcare.
Microsoft’s push into the connected car market continued Wednesday when it unveiled a new patent licensing program aimed at crafting deals for carmakers and other companies.
Data released by AdDuplex suggests that it took up to three months for most users to get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, and the same could go for the upcoming Creators Update.
LinkedIn wants to be its users’ professional news feed, and the company just launched a new feature aimed at providing them with a broad set of perspectives on relevant business news.
Microsoft takes the rather harsh step of blocking Windows updates to those who try to run Windows 7 or Windows 8 on Intel Kaby Lake or AMD Ryzen chips.
Microsoft’s work chat app Teams hit general availability on Tuesday, as part of the company’s push to compete with Slack, HipChat, Google and other players in the group chat market.
Microsoft's extended support for Windows Vista runs out on April 11, and that's probably a good thing.
Microsoft gave its Cortana app for iOS a facelift Friday, replacing its old black and blue aesthetic with a new look that puts the assistant’s key features at users’ fingertips.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- TPStrategic Business AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- FTChief Security OfficerNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- FTPHP Full Stack DeveloperQLD
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer - Mulesoft Focus x 3NSW