Anyone who owns two HoloLenses can now offer a third-person view of augmented reality, thanks to a project that Microsoft released on Monday.
Some Windows 10 users are starting to see a Focused Inbox feature show up in the Mail app.
Companies concerned about cybersecurity have a fleet of new Microsoft tools coming their way. The company announced a host of new security capabilities Friday morning as part of the run-up to the massive RSA security conference next week in San Franc...
Microsoft’s lawsuit against the US Department of Justice over indefinite gag orders attached to search warrants can proceed, following a federal judge’s ruling on Thursday.
Microsoft pushes Suggested Reminders for Cortana to all Windows 10 users today. Now, Microsoft's digital assistant can proactively remind you to keep promises you may have forgotten.
Microsoft wants to help its cloud customers feel better protected from intellectual property lawsuit threats. To that end, the company is launching a new feature that’s designed to give them additional shielding.
With Windows 10 Insider Build 15031, Microsoft has added two nice improvements to Windows 10: a feature to auto-lock your PC when you step away, and a capability to strip out video into a small, floating window.
Microsoft's program allowing potential customers to try a Surface Hub for 30 days before buying it will start on Feb. 15.
Companies building applications that leverage speech recognition have a new machine-learning based tool to improve their work. Microsoft is opening the public beta for its Custom Speech Service, the company said Tuesday.
Windows 10's milestone bug bash lets us know that Microsoft's moving into the final, bug-fixing phase of the Windows 10 Creators Update development process.
Users of Microsoft's Outlook app for iPhone and iPad can now get work done quicker using third-party integrations.
The CEO of Epic Games is back with another charge against Microsoft and the future of the Windows Store platform.
What could be a new version of Windows has surfaced deep inside recent Insider builds of Windows 10. One report suggests that it could be a UWP-only version of Windows: Windows RT 2.0, in other words.
Irony: Microsoft's Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15019 for the PC offers some much-anticipated gaming features, but a small horde of bugs could make some games unplayable. From Microsoft's perspective, it's all part of the beta-testing journey.
Clues point to an end-of-March launch for Microsoft's Windows 10 Creators Update, based on planned ship dates for the closely aligned Surface Studio and Dell Canvas products. Given the bugginess of the Anniversary Update last July, however, we'd advi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Webroot deletes Windows files and causes serious problems for users
- Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update review: The future is increasingly uncertain
- Finsix Dart-C charger review: Tiny, powerful, and worth the expense
- Oracle plans ‘startup organization’ focused on cloud computing, AI and VR
- Hipchat resets user passwords after possible breach
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Java Web DeveloperNSW
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsVIC
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- CCChange AnalystACT
- CCEngineer/Developer - Comptel - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTProject EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - DigitalisationQLD
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- FTDevelopment Team LeadQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Technical & FunctionalACT