Figures released Thursday show that Minecraft customers have moved on from the PC -- bad news for Microsoft as it tries to reconcile its closed UWP platform with the freewheeling nature of Minecraft.
Your five-year old laptop may be able to use Windows Hello relatively cheaply if Synaptics has its way.
Just one month after Microsoft ceded the No. 1 browser spot to rival Google, Internet Explorer and Edge hemorrhaged users at an astounding rate.
The next version of Microsoft's SQL Server relational database management system is now available, and along with it comes a special offer designed specifically to woo Oracle customers.
Enterprises using Microsoft's Office 365 have a new security product that they can use to better lock down their organizations -- for a price.
Microsoft has opened up the platform behind its HoloLens augmented reality device, inviting partners to build their own products in different form factors and at different price points.
Microsoft launched Windows Holographic on the HoloLens, but it hasn't stopped there -- it wants to make Windows 10 the default OS for all virtual reality devices. too.
Though Microsoft's Minecraft sandbox game is nearly infinitely customizable, Mojang has put the kibosh on using it for commercial or political purposes.
After laying dormant for quite some time, Microsoft has announced that it is getting back into directly investing in startups. Microsoft Ventures has been overhauled, though it’s not clear exactly why Microsoft has decided to get back into investing ...
Contrary to scattered reports, Microsoft has not backpedaled from its aggressive efforts to boost Windows 10 adoption.
Microsoft's overly aggressive Windows 10 upgrade push is encouraging users to disable Windows Update, leaving their PCs at risk of malware infection.
Microsoft's attempts to catch up with Google in the online collaboration space took a step forward Wednesday, when the company announced that it's adding live chat to Office Online. so that people can discuss documents stored in SharePoint and OneDri...
Petri's Brad Sams speculates that Microsoft is filling a price gap with two lower-cost streaming devices, along the lines of the Chromecast and Roku.
Microsoft's interpretation of the "Close" button in a notification of an impending Windows 10 upgrade is contrary to its own design guidelines.
Down, but not out: Microsoft is laying off another 1,850 staff from its smartphone hardware business, but says it isn't leaving the market completely.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
- In light of increased cyberattacks, White House sets defence plan with FBI in charge
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Why hackers love health apps
- Apple reports second straight quarter of declining iPhone sales
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA