Microsoft Japan and Shiseido have teamed up with an app that overlays virtual makeup on your Skype for Business calls.
New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick said Tuesday that "he's done" with the Microsoft Surface tablets that the NFL uses.
One Gartner analyst called Cortana "Big Brother" combined with productivity, and asked some pointed questions about Microsoft's intentions.
Microsoft is positioning its HoloLens augmented reality headset for businesses, but analysts say it must clear hurdles such as cost, technical and competitive challenges.
Microsoft's big Ignite conference for IT pros wrapped up at the end of September, and that means the company dumped a ton of new cloud capabilities to attract people to Azure. Here's the run-down on all the major news you need to know about.
Microsoft is expanding the reach of its HoloLens augmented reality headgear to six new countries around the world.
Microsoft has elaborated on the new patching policy for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 that takes effect on Tuesday.
PCWorld interviews Microsoft's new AI Chief Harry Shum, who clearly has plans for newCortana and Bing: "We are infusing AI technology into all Microsoft products," he said.
Microsoft has begun sending out invitations to an Oct. 26 event where it's expected to launch a new Surface all-in-one PC.
Microsoft has added a new support policy that drops the company's decade of technical support for an open-ended product lifetime.
Microsoft's Windows 10 lost user share in September for the first time since its debut more than a year ago.
Microsoft is adding to its European cloud infrastructure, with plans to open new data centers in France next year, CEO Satya Nadella said Monday.
Microsoft made a splash earlier this year when it announced the largest acquisition in its history, signing an agreement to buy LinkedIn for US$26.2 billion. But now, Salesforce is trying to convince the European Union to block the deal.
On Thursday, Microsoft moved Cortana and Bing into a new organization that combines the two product groups with Microsoft Research. Both products could benefit from closer proximity to the company's most advanced technologies.
A Surface-branded desktop keyboard has been spotted at the Bluetooth Special Interest Group. Does this suggest a Surface all-in-one is incoming?
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pompeo sworn in as CIA chief amid opposition from surveillance critics
- 10 ways to get an IT Job in 2017
- Trump names net neutrality foe Ajit Pai to lead the FCC
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft expands FastTrack migration service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Project Manager IntegrationNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- CCMultiple System Engineers - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPFunctional AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager - Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Services EngineerNSW
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD