QUESTION: I get an error message when trying to install Microsoft Fix It Center on my Windows XP Service Pack 3 PC. It reads: 'Detail: The remote name could not be resolved: go.microsoft.com'.
Maybe you didn't get the memo: Tomorrow marks the end of patches for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2).
So out of the blue today, I click a link embedded in an e-mail, and Outlook gives me this error:
Reader Jean has a problem: she installed Office 2003 on her brand new Windows 7 system, and every single time she runs it, a pop-up forces her to accept Microsoft's End User License Agreement (EULA).
Widescreen monitors are great for watching movies and organizing windows side-by-side, but a lot of time the space goes to waste. This week I've got a great tip that's particularly applicable to laptop and netbook users: Move the Windows taskbar to t...
George needs advice about document compatibility between Microsoft Word 2003 and 2007
A good password can mean the difference between identity safety and identity theft. Unfortunately, too many otherwise intelligent people rely on ridiculously weak passwords, the kind that make hackers rub their hands with glee.
The Xbox 360 is no slouch in the media hub department. Here's how to take full advantage of every media function!
As most Windows watchers know by now, Windows 7 brings a handful of interface tweaks to the table, starting with large, eye-pleasing program icons that take up residence in the taskbar. Of course, this is little more than an update to the Quick Launc...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCAgile CoachWA
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- CCChange and Communications AnalystQLD
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- TPTechnical Change AnalystQLD
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- FTMid Level Infrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC