Intel has kicked off a broad effort to speed the adoption of the modern cloud infrastructure, which it says has been slow to take off because the software is complex and takes too long to deploy.
Closing a gap with other enterprise cloud providers, Google has created a service to facilitate communications across applications that customers build on the company's cloud platform.
The Internet of Things is a nascent market, so any help an organization can get setting up its own cloud-connected swarm of devices could provide it with an edge over competitors.
Just weeks after Tibco said it was looking at its long-term business options, the business intelligence software and middleware vendor has disclosed that it will be acquired by private equity firm Vista Equity Partners.
Red Hat wants a piece of the enterprise mobile app market, so it has acquired Irish company FeedHenry for approximately €63.5 million (US$82 million).
Tibco's board of directors has begun a review of "strategic and financial alternatives," which presumably include a sale, the middleware vendor has confirmed following a news report of its plans.
Watch out Oracle, Pivotal is offering a lighter alternative to the Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) stack.
SAP will resell software from Apigee in a move to help customers and partners build mobile applications, products and services that securely tap data from SAP systems.
Teradata has bought the assets of Revelytix and Hadapt in a bid to grow out its capabilities for the Hadoop big-data processing framework.
Bank of America illegally copied US$300 million worth of Tibco's enterprise software for use in a massive IT project at its Merrill Lynch subsidiary, Tibco alleges in a lawsuit.
If it weren't enough of a challenge for IT architects and system managers to glue enterprise systems together, they must also now worry about connecting their systems to mobile and Web applications as well.
A couple of things became clear during SAP co-founder Hasso Plattner's keynote at the Sapphire conference Wednesday: SAP remains fully committed to the Hana in-memory computing platform, as well as its push into SaaS (software as a service).
As it preps Oracle Enterprise Manager to run private clouds, Oracle has released an update to the management software that offers the ability for organizations to offer production-ready databases as a service.
Oracle has released a framework that allows multiple copies of the MySQL database to work in tandem, making it easier for organizations to easily run live backup databases and scale MySQL across multiple servers.
What do enterprises want to see in OpenStack? With its latest distribution of the cloud hosting software, Red Hat is betting that they want a streamlined installation process and carrier-grade reliability.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC