A group of U.S. senators has revived an effort to require major online retailers to collect sales tax from shoppers.
The U.S. Senate has delayed a vote on an Internet sales tax until May, after a handful of senators blocked lawmakers from voting on the legislation this week.
The U.S. Senate has voted 74-20 to close debate and move to a final vote on a bill allowing states to collect sales tax from out-of-state Internet and catalog retailers.
The US Senate has overwhelmingly passed a nonbinding proposal to allow states to collect sales tax on Internet sellers that have no presence within their borders.
A group of U.S. senators have offered a nonbinding amendment to a fiscal year 2014 budget resolution allowing states to collect sales taxes on Internet sales and end the tax-free shopping that many shoppers enjoy online.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTChange ManagerSA
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- CCLevel 1/2 IT Service Desk OfficerQLD
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCIngres DeveloperWA
- FTMurex/Java DeveloperNSW
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- CCData Quality AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementWA
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- FTInfrastructure and Systems SpecialistQLD
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterVIC
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDVIC
- CCSQL Data and Reporting AnalystNSW