A group of U.S. senators has revived an effort to require major online retailers to collect sales tax from shoppers.
The U.S. Senate has delayed a vote on an Internet sales tax until May, after a handful of senators blocked lawmakers from voting on the legislation this week.
The U.S. Senate has voted 74-20 to close debate and move to a final vote on a bill allowing states to collect sales tax from out-of-state Internet and catalog retailers.
The US Senate has overwhelmingly passed a nonbinding proposal to allow states to collect sales tax on Internet sellers that have no presence within their borders.
A group of U.S. senators have offered a nonbinding amendment to a fiscal year 2014 budget resolution allowing states to collect sales taxes on Internet sales and end the tax-free shopping that many shoppers enjoy online.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Leaked Windows 10 build shows Microsoft filling a major content hole: Ebooks
- PCWorld's January Digital Edition: How AMD's Ryzen chip could change everything
- AI should enhance, not replace, humans, say CEOs of IBM and Microsoft
- Sensitive access tokens and keys found in hundreds of Android apps
- Microsoft's first tethered Windows 10 VR headsets to ship in March
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Security AnalystACT
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)SA
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD