China will take the wraps off its latest 8-core Godson processor early next year to show its chip-making ability compared to Intel, Advanced Micro Devices and ARM.
British chip designer Imagination Technologies plans to acquire the operating business of processor maker MIPS Technologies, as well as some of its patents, in an effort to strengthen its position on smartphones. At the same time MIPS has also sold a...
A first-of-its-kind tablet with Google's Android 4.0 priced under $US100 is now available in China, and will reach other countries soon, according to companies that helped build the device.
Intel and MIPS Technologies expect the next version of Google's mobile operating system, Android 4.0, to soon run on tablets and smartphones based on their processors.
MIPS Technologies on Tuesday said it was porting Google's Android 3.0 operating system, code-named Honeycomb, to work with its microprocessors.
MIPS Technologies this week said it will put its processor architecture in tablets and smartphones as it prepares to duel rivals Arm and Intel in those fast-growing markets.
Yahoo has signed up new partners for its Connected TV effort but also faces new competition from other companies looking to bring movies and applications from the Internet to the TV.
Processor makers ARM and MIPS Technologies are both aiming to simplify and accelerate the use of netbooks, MIDs (mobile Internet devices), set-top boxes and picture frames that run on Google's Android software platform.
MIPS Technologies on Monday made available Android software source code to anyone interested in creating Android applications for products that use the MIPS32 chip architecture.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- Tensions rise over LTE using Wi-Fi channels
- How to find the cheapest flights
- Why is Australian internet tech support so terrible?
- How Google Translate helped me with the woman who pummelled my buttocks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW