Following a downward trend during the past two years, the number of new rootkit samples rose in the first quarter of this year to a level not seen since 2011, according to statistics from security vendor McAfee.
The Secure Boot security mechanism of the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) can be bypassed on around half of computers that have the feature enabled in order to install bootkits, according to a security researcher.
Sixteen of the top 25 companies offering a good work-life balance are technology companies, according to a new ranking from the job site Glassdoor, with the SAS Institute and National Instruments leading the pack.
More than a month after it went live, a couple of large questions remain about the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' botched launch of HealthCare.gov.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sony does well in games but smartphone business shrinks
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- WikiLeaks' methods questioned by whistleblower Edward Snowden
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- FBI said to investigate possible hack of another Democratic Party organization
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSolution Architect - IntegrationSA
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT