Microsoft has been trying to persuade Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC to load the Windows Phone OS jointly with Android on future smartphones, it has been reported.
Chinese communications providers Huawei and China Mobile have successfully deployed 4G coverage on Mount Everest, some 5,200 metres above sea level.
Just as smartphone manufacturer HTC was beginning to claw back some market share with its refreshed HTC One line, two former company executives have announced the launch of a new mobile brand called Kazam, which they claim will "disrupt the status qu...
Sony has become the first smartphone manufacturer to use firmware from mobile software management firm Red Bend to deliver over-the-air updates to its Xperia range of devices, in order to address the growing problem of Android fragmentation.
Exponential growth in the use of computers, smartphones and other networked devices could cause the environmental impact of the ICT sector to increase dramatically between now and 2020, according to a new report.
UK PLC is in desperate need of a new money transmission system that does a better job of handling the plethora of digital payment methods that are in use today.
Google’s UK managing director Dan Cobley has blamed LG for shortages of the Nexus 4 smartphone after angry customers mugged his upbeat 2012 review blog with a string of complaints about non-delivery.
Teardowns of the Apple iPad Mini and the Amazon Kindle Fire HD by IHS iSuppli have revealed that the two devices cost almost the same amount to manufacture, despite the retail prices being significantly different.
App developers are rapidly losing interest in RIM's BlackBerry platform and setting their sights on the new big three, Apple, Android and Windows 7, a survey has found.
Storage giant Seagate has announced that it will put on sale what it claims is the world slimmest ever portable hard drive, and for once the hyperbole stands up to scrutiny - the new GoFlex Slim drive is only 9mm thick.
The BlackBerry Protect remote security app previewed to users last year has become available for UK consumer users for the first time in a beta version, the company has announced.
AVG has launched AVG Mobilation for Android which the company is promoting as the world's first security app specifically designed for Android tablets.
LogMeIn has added Android support to the latest version of its Rescue remote control software, the latest sign that developers are trying hard to make the platform a more rounded prospect for the business sector.
Israeli company Trusteer is taking its Rapport secure browsing technology into mobile security for the first time, announcing a smartphone and tablet protection system for businesses, Secure Web Access.
Customers of data centre provider ControlCircle are being offered a free smartphone app that can alert them to serious issues such as ongoing DDoS attacks in real time.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
- VMware gives enterprises a BYOD boost with three new tools
- Google adds warning to unencrypted emails
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCService EngineerVIC