Owning an Android smartphone means never having to say 'I don't know'
mobile applications in pictures
True BlackBerry lovers, or "CrackBerry" addicts, if you will, can never have too many BlackBerry apps
These eight apps allow you to open a shell, run a shell script, tap the Linux command line, or otherwise put your Android-based smartphone to productive use. Most are available in free editions, and none will set you back more than a few dollars.
While the frivolous iPhone apps usually get most of the media attention (yes, there really are over 175 apps that can produce rude bodily noises), there are quite a few apps that can help you do your job as an IT worker. While less notorious, they are worth your time to download and check out.
The Mozilla Foundation wants to make sure that the Web remains a platform where anyone can create content, rather than just a place to consume information and services created by others.
Microsoft is quietly testing an app that seems designed for people who feel overwhelmed by the media's endless stream of news stories and who wish they had a helper app that reads them article summaries.
Microsoft's Office apps for iOS were updated Wednesday to make it easier for people to work with files sent and received using Outlook for iOS.
Google is putting some of the most Google-y Android apps in the spotlight, and is sharing their source code to spur development of other apps.
Salesforce has long been a proponent of wearable computing's enterprise potential, and on Tuesday it showed off five new Apple Watch apps created specifically for business users.
Weddings. Job promotions. News articles. Facebook thinks it knows what the best stories are to drop in your news feed. But some users might want to see things their own way.
Running late for a meet up with friends or an appointment? Share a location securely and for a limited time period with smartphone application Glympse. It's a free download for Android, iOS, Windows Phone and BlackBerry.
Using your smartphone or tablet to control your Tivo box is easy and offers a lot of flexibility in recording shows and channel surfing.
When Patrick Benson joined Ovation Brands back in September 2013, he was given a tall order: modernize an array of legacy IT systems that could no longer keep up with the restaurant-chain conglomerate's business processes.
Is the Bowflex Boost awful? No. Is it dysfunctional, buggy, problematic? Nope. But it's a half-measure, a stopgap, an underachiever. In a world full of Fitbits, Jawbones, FuelBands, Fitbugs, and a growing plethora of "smart" trackers and watches, the...
The world's most popular collectable card game is back for its second romp on the iPad. Magic 2014 has you casting spells and summoning terrifying creatures against a colorful cast of adversaries, and you'll need to have your wits about you in order ...
The problem with Microsoft's approach to Office for the iPhone is that a diverse range of alternative iOS apps and suites already exists. Apple and other developers have had years to create and refine products that deliver compatibility with Office ...
Google did its best to court developers at this year's I/O conference with a much-needed integrated developer environment, API for better games and the ability to more easily translate apps. Their allegiance will become increasingly important as smar...
Whitepapers about mobile applications
This whitepaper discusses the reasons and trends that are encouraging more companies to move towards implementing virtual desktops throughout their organisations. • Users are increasingly using smartphones and tablets to access enterprise applications • The reasons for the trends toward virtual desktop is threefold • Securing data, managing devices, and offering a rich end-user experience are top priorities
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA