Automotive giant Daimler has acquired two ride-sharing companies that could help the German company become a stronger competitor to Uber and Lyft.
Mobile payments startup Isis Wallet is changing its name to Softcard to avoid association with the Islamic militant group known as ISIS.
A federal appeals court has cleared Yelp of claims that it extorted businesses into advertising on its site by fabricating bad reviews about them.
Uber Technologies must stop operating its ride sharing service UberPop in Germany or pay a fine, a German court has ruled -- but the ban could be short lived, a court spokesman said Tuesday.
Facebook is testing a way to let users of its mobile app search for posts shared with them in the past.
Samsung has partnered with Nokia to bring navigation service Here to its new smartwatch and Galaxy Android phones.
Baidu and Tencent are teaming up with a Chinese shopping mall operator in a joint venture that could steal business away from local e-commerce giant Alibaba Group.
It seems like poaching drivers is par for the course in the ride-sharing industry.
The EU is investing in IT to help it and its citizens protect themselves from floods.
Uber has come under fire this week for employing controversial recruitment practices against rival Lyft, but beyond a question of ethics some experts say the revelations could potentially put the company in legal hot water.
Instagram on Tuesday released Hyperlapse, a stand-alone app that will let people record longer videos and then speed them up for a time-lapse effect.
Want to Google the name of a restaurant in English and then ask for the weather in Japanese? On Android it no longer requires switching back and forth between language settings.
Chinese search engine Baidu and the United Nations Development Program are hoping to streamline the recycling of e-waste in China with a new app that can help users easily sell their old electronics for cash.
Microsoft is closing the Nokia Beta Labs site, but users will still be able to test apps under development via the new Lumia Beta Apps site, designed to elicit more feedback and make it easier for users to participate.
A new tool called Live App Testing from Amazon lets mobile developers distribute apps to a predefined group of users before the apps are launched.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This malware pretends to be WhatsApp, Uber and Google Play
- Traffic tickets got you down? This UK robo-lawyer has already saved users millions
- Resold hard drives on eBay, Craigslist are often still ripe with leftover data
- Too many IoT networks? Cisco just bet on this one
- Senator stalls intelligence funding bill over surveillance concerns
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW