Automotive giant Daimler has acquired two ride-sharing companies that could help the German company become a stronger competitor to Uber and Lyft.
Mobile payments startup Isis Wallet is changing its name to Softcard to avoid association with the Islamic militant group known as ISIS.
A federal appeals court has cleared Yelp of claims that it extorted businesses into advertising on its site by fabricating bad reviews about them.
Uber Technologies must stop operating its ride sharing service UberPop in Germany or pay a fine, a German court has ruled -- but the ban could be short lived, a court spokesman said Tuesday.
Facebook is testing a way to let users of its mobile app search for posts shared with them in the past.
Samsung has partnered with Nokia to bring navigation service Here to its new smartwatch and Galaxy Android phones.
Baidu and Tencent are teaming up with a Chinese shopping mall operator in a joint venture that could steal business away from local e-commerce giant Alibaba Group.
It seems like poaching drivers is par for the course in the ride-sharing industry.
The EU is investing in IT to help it and its citizens protect themselves from floods.
Uber has come under fire this week for employing controversial recruitment practices against rival Lyft, but beyond a question of ethics some experts say the revelations could potentially put the company in legal hot water.
Instagram on Tuesday released Hyperlapse, a stand-alone app that will let people record longer videos and then speed them up for a time-lapse effect.
Want to Google the name of a restaurant in English and then ask for the weather in Japanese? On Android it no longer requires switching back and forth between language settings.
Chinese search engine Baidu and the United Nations Development Program are hoping to streamline the recycling of e-waste in China with a new app that can help users easily sell their old electronics for cash.
Microsoft is closing the Nokia Beta Labs site, but users will still be able to test apps under development via the new Lumia Beta Apps site, designed to elicit more feedback and make it easier for users to participate.
A new tool called Live App Testing from Amazon lets mobile developers distribute apps to a predefined group of users before the apps are launched.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cisco snatches AppDynamics from IPO market for $3.7B
- Microsoft's OneDrive for Business gets Mac client, shared folder sync
- Cyber criminals avoid fraud within their own ranks with new site
- If you want to be an Xbox Insider, Microsoft says you'll now have to earn it
- In PC comeback, ARM will battle Intel in Chromebooks and Windows 10
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)Other
- CCProcess Specialist - short contract, asap start!VIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCApplication AnalystACT
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- CCIntegration DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- FTSystem EngineerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCMigration OfficerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSystem Engineer - AdelaideWA