Google's Android Studio development environment is available in a beta version that makes it easier to create apps for smartwatches and TVs.
Google has unveiled the first three smartwatches that will run Android Wear, a cut-down version of Android for wearable devices, and we got our hands on one of them: the Samsung Gear Live.
Google is set to release an SDK aimed at making fitness-based apps more effective by pulling in data from multiple devices.
Google entered the hot smartwatch market Wednesday, unveiling two devices, the LG G and Samsung Gear Live.
Developers have Wear smartwatches, a stable version of the Android Studio development environment and a lightweight programming language on their wish lists ahead of the Google I/O conference.
Yahoo has released an Android personalisation app that could give the company a stronger foothold in mobile contextual search.
China has posted a big drop in SMS messaging as local mobile phone users are increasingly choosing mobile messaging apps to share information.
Promotional texts and other messages from Twitter are fine if you consent to them, but some are going out to old phone numbers that have been around the block, according to a new lawsuit.
LinkedIn is offering a job search app for iOS devices, aimed at making it easier for users to find and be notified of jobs apart from LinkedIn's main site.
Unit4 is betting investments in cloud computing and mobility can raise its profile in the crowded ERP software market, following its recent move to go private.
Lego, the Danish maker of the namesake toy bricks known to kids all over the world, has figured out what appears to be an ingenious way to combine the physical world of their traditional building blocks with the virtual world of app games.
Intel wants to inject passion and excitement into mobile chat through a new app that relies on face-tracking technology to assess facial expressions and mood.
You'd be forgiven for thinking Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos wants to compete with other phone makers with his company's new Fire smartphone. But forget the multiple cameras and pretty 3-D-like effects, the device is really about selling more stuff.
The BlackBerry 10 OS will soon have Amazon's Android app store built-in, in a bid to increase the number of apps available on the smartphone and allow BlackBerry to focus on enterprise software as it tries to stay afloat.
Facebook has launched a new photo- and video-sharing app called Slingshot that's aimed squarely at popular cool-kid Snapchat.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW