Six months after adding its Place Pins feature, Pinterest is improving the search technology around the location pins.
China's Alibaba Group is buying UCWeb, one of the nation's top mobile browser companies, in a deal that will give the e-commerce giant a bigger reach with smartphone users.
A stronger set of features, possibly including payments, might be coming to Facebook's messaging properties now that former PayPal president David Marcus has come to work for the social network.
Well, that was awkward: Facebook just did a Snapchat of its own, briefly releasing a rival disappearing-photo app and then pulling it.
One federal regulator sees a potentially bright future in driverless cars like those made by Google -- if their technology actually succeeds in making roads safer.
Apple may be looking to infuse its mapping software with personally relevant results by incorporating social search with technology acquired from the startup Spotsetter.
Although the memory of a bad date can take a lot longer than 24 hours to truly fade, the dating app Tinder has decided that's plenty of time for its users to share photos with their matches.
Instagram has added a suite of new effects to its app in a move to win over users who might otherwise turn to alternative software for photo editing tools.
Mobile device management company Good Technology is stepping up its efforts to attract organizations that want to leave BlackBerry behind by acquiring assets from Fixmo and launching a new secure mobile collaboration app.
Google is updating its Google+ app for iOS devices, providing new photo playback and sharing features that could attract fans on the other side of the fence.
acebook will soon be listening to its users -- literally -- but some of them wish it would cover its ears.
Will smartwatches and cars give the Tizen OS the traction it hasn't gotten in smartphones? The OS's backers are getting their hopes up in advance of a developer conference next week.
Acer's "Build Your Own Cloud" service will start rolling out to consumers in late June with a suite of updated apps that will work on mobile devices and PCs, including devices from other companies.
Google has posted a number of notifications to show what users will be able to see on their Android Wear smartwatches, including integration with Nest's smoke detector.
The latest version of Xamarin's namesake development platform has additional support for iOS and more features for sharing code across the Apple OS, Android and Windows.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalized domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- TPReports Developer SSRS / SSISVIC
- TPAgile Project Manager. Lean ProductivityNSW
- FTTeam AssistantVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTTest AnalystACT
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCDomain Architect - 6 month contract, Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTHealthcare Application Integration Support - Brisbane BasedWA
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Oracle CC&BVIC
- FTData Analyst - GISQLD
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW