Microsoft plans to boost its Azure cloud services with its acquisition of Capptain, whose product helps developers track and analyze usage of their Web and mobile apps and implement customer retention strategies.
China is starting a month-long crack down on illegal content circulating through local instant messaging services.
Facebook users annoyed with posts from their friends about what songs they're listening to or which earrings they want will soon have less to complain about.
Google is developing a new mobile management app for people who post a lot of video to YouTube, part of an effort to help creators on the site get more out of the service.
Salesforce.com is moving quickly to enhance the new mobile application it unveiled at November's Dreamforce conference, with some 30 new features aimed at helping customers work through complex business processes in a single environment on their phon...
For small retailers, the relationship between the number of store visits and actual sales can be foggy. A new tracking device aims to provide clarity.
Couchbase is extending NoSQL to mobile devices with a new product suite that allows an app developer to install its database directly on the device itself, allowing apps to function even when they're not connected to the Internet.
Google is hoping to lure users to spending more time on its social network with a new photo playback feature for Google+ called "Stories."
Google could gain a stronger position in businesses by acquiring Divide, an enterprise software company focused on the bring-your-own-device to work model.
Facebook is said to be building a video-messaging app to rival the Snapchat messaging service.
Google is planning to add more smarts to its Google Translate service by acquiring Quest Visual, developer of the Word Lens camera-based translation app.
Google aims to fuel international sales in the Play store by expanding the use of carrier billing and letting developers sell apps in more countries. The company has also added PayPal as a new payment method in countries such as the U.S. and Germany.
BlackBerry is allowing rivals AirWatch, Citrix, SAP and IBM to directly manage its smartphones with the Blackberry 10 operating system as part of its strategy to open up management of its devices to third parties.
Airbnb has a new service for San Francisco and Los Angeles travelers and residents who enjoy spontaneity, or at least who don't like to plan.
Facebook has removed its standalone Poke app, an early clone of Snapchat, as well as its Camera app, from Apple's iTunes app store.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- CCResource AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT HealthcareQLD
- FTSenior Security Solution Architect - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSAP SD/MM ConsultantNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- TPIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTService ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- CCPeoplesoft DeveloperACT
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- FTMicrosoft SQL DBAVIC
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTTechnical Expert | 3mth+contractVIC
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD