Microsoft plans to boost its Azure cloud services with its acquisition of Capptain, whose product helps developers track and analyze usage of their Web and mobile apps and implement customer retention strategies.
China is starting a month-long crack down on illegal content circulating through local instant messaging services.
Facebook users annoyed with posts from their friends about what songs they're listening to or which earrings they want will soon have less to complain about.
Google is developing a new mobile management app for people who post a lot of video to YouTube, part of an effort to help creators on the site get more out of the service.
Salesforce.com is moving quickly to enhance the new mobile application it unveiled at November's Dreamforce conference, with some 30 new features aimed at helping customers work through complex business processes in a single environment on their phon...
For small retailers, the relationship between the number of store visits and actual sales can be foggy. A new tracking device aims to provide clarity.
Couchbase is extending NoSQL to mobile devices with a new product suite that allows an app developer to install its database directly on the device itself, allowing apps to function even when they're not connected to the Internet.
Google is hoping to lure users to spending more time on its social network with a new photo playback feature for Google+ called "Stories."
Google could gain a stronger position in businesses by acquiring Divide, an enterprise software company focused on the bring-your-own-device to work model.
Facebook is said to be building a video-messaging app to rival the Snapchat messaging service.
Google is planning to add more smarts to its Google Translate service by acquiring Quest Visual, developer of the Word Lens camera-based translation app.
Google aims to fuel international sales in the Play store by expanding the use of carrier billing and letting developers sell apps in more countries. The company has also added PayPal as a new payment method in countries such as the U.S. and Germany.
BlackBerry is allowing rivals AirWatch, Citrix, SAP and IBM to directly manage its smartphones with the Blackberry 10 operating system as part of its strategy to open up management of its devices to third parties.
Airbnb has a new service for San Francisco and Los Angeles travelers and residents who enjoy spontaneity, or at least who don't like to plan.
Facebook has removed its standalone Poke app, an early clone of Snapchat, as well as its Camera app, from Apple's iTunes app store.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- FTApplications ManagerVIC
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst x 2QLD
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- TPHelpdesk/Level 1 SupportQLD
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCMicrosoft AX Support AnalystsQLD
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- FTLua DeveloperVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- CCSAP BPC Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- CCWintel Technical LeadVIC
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportQLD
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTInsights AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)QLD
- CCWeb Content EditorQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCGraduate Web DeveloperWA