Apple is in talks to buy headphones maker Beats Electronics for US$3.2 billion, in what would be its largest-ever acquisition, according to reports Thursday.
Lyft is upping its game against Uber with a premium SUV service aimed at high rollers.
Yahoo's News Digest application is now available on Android, with an international and a Canadian edition also added.
News, email and photo-sharing are some of the most popular services on the Web. Marissa Mayer knows that, and they're some of the reasons she thinks you should try Yahoo.
Samsung has made the second version of its Knox data and app security platform available worldwide, but at first only users and enterprises that have the new Galaxy S5 can take advantage of the improvements it offers.
An intriguing feature that lets people find out how long they'd have to wait for an Uber ride is one of the new navigation tools in Google Maps' mobile app.
Whether you've lost your car or lost your Internet connection, Google Now is getting a little more helpful.
A lawsuit filed Thursday accuses Google of strong-arming device manufacturers into making its search engine the default on Android devices, driving up the cost of those devices and hurting consumers.
Foursquare, one of the first apps to put location-sharing on the map, is rethinking its service and dividing it in two in an effort to stay relevant.
Watch out, WhatsApp (and Facebook): Photo messaging app Snapchat is now offering video calls and instant messaging.
Facebook is not your scrappy startup anymore. It's providing a host of tools for third-party developers aimed at catching bugs swiftly, more toolkit options and lending a big helping hand in app development.
Facebook, in a push to make its platform more useful for third-party developers, is launching tools to give their apps more exposure, including a mobile "like" button.
Facebook will extend its advertising business by distributing ads from its marketers to third-party mobile apps.
VMware is leaning on AirWatch to let users access files from one place using virtual and physical clients and let admins manage desktops in the same way they handle mobile devices.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- China tightens control over app stores
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Critical flaw lets hackers take control of Samsung SmartCam cameras
- Facebook launches fake news reporting tool in Germany
- Shopping goes high tech and hassle-free with new Intel technology
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCITCM Technical Specialist - SydneyNSW
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- CCTechnology Support Specialist - Multiple RolesSA
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- CCWebMethod DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer x2ACT
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- TPNetwork Security OfficerVIC