Last year, Twitter sought to broaden the reach of its software by giving outside developers new tools at its first Flight conference. This year the company will try again, as the pressure on it to grow its user base has only increased.
Apple shared details on its efforts to make inroads into the enterprise space via its IBM partnership on Tuesday.
Apple and IBM's enterprise partnership has yielded 10 new apps, including one that targets business travellers and others that make use of predictive analytics and iBeacons.
Audi, BMW and Daimler will jointly purchase Nokia's Here digital mapping service for roughly $2.7 billion, and they plan to invite other auto makers to take a stake in the company as well, according to reports published on Tuesday.
Google has acquired Pixate, whose app-prototyping service could help Google make better apps of its own.
Square has been expanding into the world of small-business financial services, and on Tuesday it continued that push with the launch of a new mobile app to help business owners track their sales.
Google has removed from its Play store an app that allowed California residents to purchase medical marijuana from growers.
The Massachusetts attorney general's office has launched an examination into how Uber and Lyft cater to people with disabilities, potentially creating more regulatory problems for the ride-hailing companies.
Homejoy, the at-home cleaning service that's one of a new breed of startups serving as a broker of on-demand services, is shutting down, as companies in that category face legal challenges aimed at forcing them to classify freelancers as employees.
Why stop your video for a snack, or when nature calls, when you've got a smartphone?
California regulators have fined Uber more than US$7.3 million after the company failed to hand over data related to Uber's operations under an agreement between the state and the company.
Google is rolling out a new service that lets users buy retail items directly from the search results page on mobile devices, in an effort to make mobile search more useful and give advertisers a new way to attract customers.
Uber has reached a confidential settlement with the family of a girl who was hit and killed by an Uber driver.
When voters go to the polls in next year's presidential election, could a candidate's stance on the sharing economy factor into their decision?
Instagram is increasing the size of pictures users of its mobile app are allowed to post, finally opening the door of the photo sharing service to much more detailed images.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This startup uses machine learning to turn your old enterprise apps into mobile ones
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Google Slides makes it easier to talk back to presenters
- Google turns on HTTPS for all blogspot blogs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW