Twitter's mobile music app, launched last year amid a crowded market for online music services, is being shut down, Twitter said on Friday.
Fitbit, a startup that makes wearable devices for activity tracking, is being sued following reports that users of its Force device developed skin rashes.
Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group is investing US$215 million to acquire a minority stake and a seat in the board of Tango, a mobile messaging app from the U.S.
China's Tencent isn't letting up on international marketing for its WeChat mobile messaging app, but signaled its plans to avoid competing in markets where rivals such as WhatsApp already have a strong user base.
NASA, with an eye toward Earth-based projects, is calling on software and hardware developers to create new technologies for addressing issues around coastal flooding.
Wickr, a startup that provides encrypted messaging, is now licensing its security technology to other application vendors.
Google's multimedia streaming device Chromecast is now available in 11 more countries, including France, Germany and the U.K.
Google has updated its cross-platform Play Games service, and promises it has more in store for this week's Game Developers Conference in San Francisco.
Xamarin and Samsung Electronics have worked together to make it easier for developers to create apps that can run on Samsung's Knox security platform.
At around €2,000 (US$2800) each, the secure smartphones that SecuSmart showed at Cebit last year were out of reach of many businesses -- although three governments have since bought them to secure mobile phone calls between senior officials, accordin...
Nokia's Refocus app -- which lets users play with the focus after a picture has been taken -- is now available for all Lumia smartphones with Windows Phone 8.
One of China's most popular messaging apps, WeChat, has started shutting down certain accounts known for their political writings, the latest sign that the nation is stepping up its censorship of the Internet.
The money spent by advertisers on the desktop will decline this year as people continue to reach for their smartphones to search for information, according to new data from eMarketer.
Searching on Yahoo will now deliver local business reviews from Yelp, through a partnership that could help Yahoo search compete against Google, or at least make it more useful.
Google is facing a lawsuit over unauthorized in-app purchases on Android devices by children.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Google wins latest round in Oracle legal battle
- Shoot an atom into silicon, and you may have the beginnings of a quantum computer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia