Google Play Music, a rival option to streaming services like Spotify and Rdio, is now available for iOS, six months after launching on the web and Android-based devices.
Google has updated its Gmail iOS app with improvements aimed at simplifying user-interface navigation and enhancing message viewing and composition on iPads.
BlackBerry's Messenger app is now available for the iPad and iPod Touch and will work over Wi-Fi connections on those devices, the company announced Thursday.
Facebook is hoping to gain a stronger foothold in the competitive mobile messaging space with an updated version of its Messenger app, which now lets people message each other even if they aren't Facebook friends.
If you're using Twitter on the new iPhone 5S you might start seeing different ads than someone accessing the site with the older iPhone 4.
Unity has finally added integrated support for developing 2D games with the availability of version 4.3 of its toolset.
Netflix, YouTube traffic on the rise, while peer-to-peer file sharing nears extinction, Sandvine finds
In a testament to the rise of on-demand entertainment, Netflix and YouTube now consume just over half of all downstream traffic in North America, while peer-to-peer file-sharing services continue to plummet, according to a new study.
Getting smartphone operating Tizen off the ground has proven more difficult than its backers first thought. Operator Orange no longer wants to predict when the first phones will arrive, and Samsung Electronics is also mum on its progress.
Adobe Systems has added mobile features to its Marketing Cloud, allowing companies to better target smartphones with the help of geolocation and app analytics.
Although Instagram users do not commonly turn to the site to find out what's happening in the world, CEO Kevin Systrom hopes that will change.
Some new details have emerged about Jelly, the mysterious startup from Twitter co-founder Biz Stone: The company's app is "very close" to launching, and will be available for free on iOS and Android-based devices, Stone recently said.
Google has added new features to its search app on iOS, like updated reminders and hands-free search, designed to proactively deliver information to people at certain moments.
Consumers are getting more aware that they can be tracked while they walk around stores but plenty still feel uncomfortable about it, according to a new survey.
Mobile developers will be able to track usage of their Android and iOS applications, as well as experiment with interface improvements, with two free services from Amazon.
It's official: Instagram now has ads, and the first one appeared Friday courtesy of fashion designer Michael Kors.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW