The Rockstar Consortium that acquired Nortel Networks' patents filed Thursday patent infringement suits against Google, Samsung, HTC and five other companies.
Some Twitter users are complaining about a change that puts photo previews front and center in their streams, and offering advice to others on how to turn it off.
Twitter became an Internet phenomenon as a tool for posting short text messages, but now it also wants to feature multimedia content more prominently.
Some people think a lot can go wrong if you have your emails pass through LinkedIn's servers with the company's new Intro technology.
Twitter's Vine video sharing app and Instagram now share a useful feature: editing.
LinkedIn wants to help people get a job and advance their careers by incorporating its services into their mobile email.
Microsoft is turning to creating "web apps" for a number of popular brands and websites. A new section on the Windows Phone Store called Microsoft WebApps offers a number of downloadable, pinnable web apps that are basically app wrappers for popular ...
Ex-Googler Hugo Barra has a thing for the fans -- but not Google's.
Pavel Durov, the CEO of the Russian social networking site VK, does not think very highly of Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg. Edward Snowden instead is his personal hero.
Nokia has added a tablet and two large-screen smartphones to its Lumia family, and is once again counting on its camera technology to attract buyers.
Google wants to turn business owners into cartographers with a new mapping tool designed to visualize their companies' data.
YouTube's presence on mobile devices has exploded in the past couple of years, Google said on Thursday.
Hiring managers are busy bees who sometimes have to close a deal from their mobile phones, which is apparently what led LinkedIn to offer a mobile app for recruiters on the go.
Japanese carrier SoftBank and gaming company GungHo Online Entertainment are investing US$1.5 billion for a 51 percent stake in Finnish game developer Softcell, highlighting how hot this sector has become.
Microsoft's next Windows Phone update opens the door for 1080p screens and more powerful processors from Qualcomm.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pompeo sworn in as CIA chief amid opposition from surveillance critics
- 10 ways to get an IT Job in 2017
- Trump names net neutrality foe Ajit Pai to lead the FCC
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft expands FastTrack migration service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - CRMVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- CCProject SchedulerQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTJnr Security SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Transformation projectsSA
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW