At its I/O keynote, Google did its best to get developers excited about building apps for Android with new tools and money-making schemes. But Google is also expanding support for developers who'd rather create iOS apps.
Social network Path will soon be under new ownership.
Earlier this month, Sidecar expanded its mobile ride hailing service to deliver medical marijuana in San Francisco. It's not the only substance the startup wants to bring to your door.
A judge in Milan banned UberPop in Italy on Tuesday, ruling that the car-hailing service constitutes unfair competition for taxi drivers.
Microsoft is bringing Cortana to iOS and Android smartphones, extending the voice-controlled personal assistant to platforms beyond Windows 10 and Windows Phone.
By building browsers with integrated ad blocking, German company Eyeo hopes to attract more users. A beta version of the Android browser is now available for download from the Play store.
A mobile browser owned by China's Alibaba Group contained privacy risks that could have exposed users' personal data, according to a security group.
Early this year, Dropbox released its cloud storage service on Windows phones and tablets, and on Tuesday the company followed up with a universal app that fleshes out the features for both types of devices.
YouTube Kids, a Google app for preschoolers that is supposed to only show safe content, is full of videos that are potentially harmful to children, according to a complaint filed against it in the U.S.
Microsoft is adjusting how it ranks Bing search results for mobile users, prioritizing sites that display better on smaller screens to accommodate the increased use of mobile search.
Facebook aims to speed up the delivery of news on the company’s mobile apps with Instant Articles. The New York Times, National Geographic and others will use it to publish interactive articles directly on Facebook’s iPhone app.
Uber, known for its no-hassle, no-cash payment system for rides, will start testing cash payments in India in the coming week.
Lyft is looking to better compete against larger rival Uber through a partnership with Verizon Wireless.
With Apple offering its own tool for developers to see how their apps are selling, pressure is on specialist vendors to improve their offerings. On Wednesday, App Annie announced it had acquired mobile measurement company Mobidia to do just that.
Chinese authorities visited an Uber office in the country on Wednesday, just a week after another company office faced a local police raid over its ride-hailing service.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hackers tap vBulletin vulnerability to break into 27 million more accounts
- Telegram's encryption stymies French police but pleases their bosses
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- CCPorfolio Value Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Embedded Software EngineerWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCSalesforce Developer / UrgentNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW