Modern mobile technology may have been born with the first iPhone, a quintessential consumer device, but it wasn't long before the business possibilities began to emerge. Fast forward to today, and it's difficult to find a company that hasn't embrace...
Google is said to be developing a version of Android Wear to let iPhone owners sync their phones with smartwatches running Google's OS.
The mobile payments space is about to get more crowded: CurrentC, a platform backed by some of the country's biggest retailers, will launch in the next few months and give Apple, Google and Samsung added competition.
An enterprise mobility partnership between Apple and IBM has yielded more iPhone and iPad apps, including the first ones for the health care industry and industrial production management.
Facebook has released a new app for making videos that it thinks can win over the competition by allowing collaboration among friends.
French company Infinit has released Android and iOS applications for free file-sharing that promise improved transmission speeds over cloud-based services.
Google is testing a version for Android smartphones and tablets of a console that will help its customers monitor services in the cloud while on the move.
There's nothing like a brand-new medium to put marketing departments into overdrive, and it would be hard to find a better example than the recent, rapid-fire arrival of live-stream video apps Meerkat and Periscope.
Uber keeps crashing into laws and regulations in Europe, but it's keeping the foot on the accelerator.
Facebook's app for its F8 developer conference stole some of the show's thunder by sending out, ahead of the event, a notification that revealed what products will most likely be discussed.
Twitter has started to let videos play automatically in some people's feeds, in a test that could allow it to make more money from video advertising.
Facebook's Messenger app has traditionally been used for keeping in touch with friends. Now people can also use it to send each other money. In the future, it could become a platform which other apps could use, if recent rumors prove true.
At one time, people considered Microsoft a true contender in the mobile space. Just four years ago, some analysts predicted that Windows Phone would leapfrog BlackBerry and iOS to claim the number two spot behind Android. Some researchers expected Mi...
FedEx isn't worried about car-hailing startups encroaching on the parcel delivery business.
So you want to track your water, electricity or gas consumption, but you still don't have a smart meter on your supply? Pixolus has a mobile app that makes it easier to keep track of meter readings, even with dumb meters.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia