Researchers in Singapore began a two-year trial this week of a smartphone app that attempts to use artificial intelligence to influence the real world decisions of users.
Microsoft yesterday threw in the towel on its attempt to build its own YouTube app for Windows Phone, revising that app to shunt users instead to the browser for accessing Google's video service via the Web.
From a more efficient UI and 64-bit support to better layout and debugging tools, iOS 7 and Xcode 5 point to a new generation of mobile apps
An app that purportedly spoofed a Mac so that Android smartphone and tablet owners could send and receive text-like messages through Apple's iMessage service disappeared today from the Google Play app store.
Microsoft executives last week came the closest yet to saying that the company will release Office on iPads and Android tablets, but stopped short of specifics.
Amid rumors of layoffs and a possible sale of the company, BlackBerry today announced some good news: its popular BBM messaging service will be available for Android and iPhone devices this weekend.
Google is buying the mobile startup Bump Technologies, makers of the popular app that enables users to transfer photos, videos and files just by bumping their phones together.
Microsoft has released a stripped-down version of Office for Android smartphones, continuing its strategy of tying its mobile suite to the Office 365 rent-not-buy subscription plans.
The latest major version of Android, known as Jelly Bean, is now the most widely used variant of the platform, according to new statistics from Google.
After an initial rush, downloads of Microsoft's free Office for the iPhone quickly tailed off, data from a mobile app analytics company showed Sunday.
The first Web-based Firefox mobile OS smartphones will be released soon in Spain and Poland, with more coming soon to other regions of the world, Mozilla announced Monday.
Microsoft today briefly previewed an Office application designed for the Windows "Modern," ne "Metro," user interface, and said it would launch the touch-enabled suite next year.
Mobile payments company Square has launched an online marketplace, an offering that an analyst said is similar to those from eBay, Amazon and Etsy, where merchants can sell products to consumers.
Microsoft erred when it decided that the new Office Mobile for iPhone would be available to Office 365 customers but not to those who purchased a traditional "perpetual" license to Office 2013, an analyst argued
Last week's release of Office Mobile for the iPhone nailed down one of the mysteries pundits had pondered -- how Microsoft planned to generate Office revenue from Apple's iPhone and iPad.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google wins latest round in Oracle legal battle
- Shoot an atom into silicon, and you may have the beginnings of a quantum computer
- Juniper's new access switches add to its cloud-focused lineup
- Google cleared of infringement in Oracle lawsuit over Java
- Up to a dozen banks are reportedly investigating potential SWIFT breaches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia