BlackBerry today announced technology designed to securely separate work and personal data on Android and iOS smartphones and tablets, as its Balance software does for new BlackBerry 10 devices.
Android head Andy Rubin is stepping aside and that could mean big changes for Google's mobile platform as well as for its Chrome operating system.
Microsoft's top Office executive, Kurt DelBene, yesterday dodged questions about plans to bring its lucrative suite to Apple's iPad.
Analysts today were skeptical that Mozilla's push into mobile with Firefox OS would meaningfully change the game.
Enterprise developers are seeing demand for Windows 8 line of business apps on mobile devices. However, the applications--while impressive--are speeding along mostly in vertical markets for very specific needs.
HTC and Nokia are separately expected to announce super-high-quality cameras in new smartphones expected to be unveiled the next week.
Google Maps' return to the iPhone and iPad this week may not be permanent, an analyst said today.
Police officers in Colac, Australia are warning that relying on Google Maps may be endangering motorists in their jurisdiction, according to a report from the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
Online music streaming service Spotify today announced new follow and discover features that aim to aid both users and artists, but the roll-out won't be fully completed until early next year.
Every time a new iPhone launches, AppStore downloads soar -- and app developers cheer.
Apple yesterday updated its iWork suite -- Pages, Numbers and Keynote -- for the iPad and iPhone, beefing up compatibility with Microsoft's Office.
Hundreds of early users of two Windows Phone 8 smartphones have complained of recurring and random reboots on Nokia's Lumia 920 and the HTC 8X smartphones.
The apps available for Microsoft's new Windows operating systems are good enough to entice early buyers of tablets and other touch devices, analysts said.
Google has unveiled an incremental release of the Android platform featuring optimizations for a wider range of tablets and a compatibility enhancement for fixed-size applications.
While Google's software can't make the trains run on time, it can now tell you just how late they'll be.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
- Google Play faces cat and mouse game with sneaky Android malware
- To punish Symantec, Google may distrust a third of the web's SSL certificates
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieNSW
- FTRACF Mainframe Security Analysts / Engineers - Multiple Roles - SydneyNSW
- FTSoftware Development Manager - CloudACT
- FTQA LeadNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Manager - Digital Banking ProjectQLD
- FTSolution Architect - StorageVIC
- FTDirector, Centre for Cyber Security SolutionsVIC
- FTSAP Data Migration SpecialistACT
- FTWEB DesignerQLD
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!QLD
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperVIC
- CCFull-stack Software EngineerNSW
- FTSAP Data Migration LeadNSW
- FTManagement AccountantNSW
- FTQA LeadNSW
- TPAutomation Test AnalystsQLD
- FTSolutions ArchitectSA
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- FTSolution Architect (e-Health)NSW