Google is giving Android Market users a new way to evaluate applications even as it struggles to keep malicious ones off the store.
Calling all sports fans: Check out these 10 great apps for Google Android and Apple iPhone that will keep you up to date on your favorite sport or team while on the go. And save your spending money for the ballpark.
Mobile marketing and content company, Motopia (ASX:MOT), has arranged to acquire a sports mobile apps developer in an all-stock deal worth $1 million.
Brainshark has unveiled features for its video presentation service to create a more interactive experience for smartphone users.
St.George Bank has launched a new smartphone application for Windows Phone 7 smartphones.
Seven out of 10 Android and iOS apps that contain open source "failed to comply with basic open source license requirements," according to a new analysis.
Google's Android mobile OS surpassed RIM's BlackBerry OS globally and in the United States for the first time last month, with the Google smartphone and tablet software nearly tripling its worldwide market share to 15.2 per cent over the past 12 mont...
Android has a lot going for it, but as the last week has shown its approach to selling and distributing applications is going to need some improvement. Ever since launching Android in 2007, Google has gone out of its way to making the mobile operatin...
Five start-ups unveiled services for building mobile applications and Web services this week at DEMO Spring 2011, bringing application development capabilities to the masses - or, at least, to people who lack traditional programming and mobile develo...
The Google Android Market for apps is supposed to be an apps showplace, but the fact that Google this week yanked down about 50 Android apps it found out were malicious came as something of a jolt to many in the security industry.
We know that Apple’s mobile application subscription scheme is unpopular with publishers, but now analyst firm Forrester’s CEO is panning it too.
UberMedia, after getting its popular UberTwitter and other mobile social media apps shut down Friday by Twitter for alleged terms of service breaches, is reportedly changing its name to UberSocial as part of its effort to meet Twitter's terms.
Microsoft has prohibited developers from using GPLv3-licensed open source software in any application distributed on the Windows Phone Marketplace. But Redmond is pushing mobile application developers to use packages based on an open source license c...
Just months after dismissing the importance of mobile apps, Research in Motion could be jumping aboard the app bandwagon.
Apple (NASDAQ – AAPL) kicked off 2011 with a series of highs and lows: The company reported that the iPhone and iPad fueled record sales, joined forces with Verizon and opened a new app store, but it also said CEO Steve Jobs was taking a medical lea...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- CCEnterprise Data Business AnalystNSW
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW