Google is giving Android Market users a new way to evaluate applications even as it struggles to keep malicious ones off the store.
Calling all sports fans: Check out these 10 great apps for Google Android and Apple iPhone that will keep you up to date on your favorite sport or team while on the go. And save your spending money for the ballpark.
Mobile marketing and content company, Motopia (ASX:MOT), has arranged to acquire a sports mobile apps developer in an all-stock deal worth $1 million.
Brainshark has unveiled features for its video presentation service to create a more interactive experience for smartphone users.
St.George Bank has launched a new smartphone application for Windows Phone 7 smartphones.
Seven out of 10 Android and iOS apps that contain open source "failed to comply with basic open source license requirements," according to a new analysis.
Google's Android mobile OS surpassed RIM's BlackBerry OS globally and in the United States for the first time last month, with the Google smartphone and tablet software nearly tripling its worldwide market share to 15.2 per cent over the past 12 mont...
Android has a lot going for it, but as the last week has shown its approach to selling and distributing applications is going to need some improvement. Ever since launching Android in 2007, Google has gone out of its way to making the mobile operatin...
Five start-ups unveiled services for building mobile applications and Web services this week at DEMO Spring 2011, bringing application development capabilities to the masses - or, at least, to people who lack traditional programming and mobile develo...
The Google Android Market for apps is supposed to be an apps showplace, but the fact that Google this week yanked down about 50 Android apps it found out were malicious came as something of a jolt to many in the security industry.
We know that Apple’s mobile application subscription scheme is unpopular with publishers, but now analyst firm Forrester’s CEO is panning it too.
UberMedia, after getting its popular UberTwitter and other mobile social media apps shut down Friday by Twitter for alleged terms of service breaches, is reportedly changing its name to UberSocial as part of its effort to meet Twitter's terms.
Microsoft has prohibited developers from using GPLv3-licensed open source software in any application distributed on the Windows Phone Marketplace. But Redmond is pushing mobile application developers to use packages based on an open source license c...
Just months after dismissing the importance of mobile apps, Research in Motion could be jumping aboard the app bandwagon.
Apple (NASDAQ – AAPL) kicked off 2011 with a series of highs and lows: The company reported that the iPhone and iPad fueled record sales, joined forces with Verizon and opened a new app store, but it also said CEO Steve Jobs was taking a medical lea...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
- Privacy groups target kids advertising disguised as YouTube content
- Ex-NSA contractor hoarded two decades' worth of secrets
- Cloud growth continues to be the name of the game for Microsoft
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCSenior Solution Designer, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW