Attention has been focused on the higher speeds that will be offered by next generation LTE (Long-Term Evolution) mobile networks, but improved latency will be equally important to users, according to Nokia Siemens.
Telstra's prepaid Next G customers will receive a welcome boost to their monthly data usage after the company announced data allowance changes to its mobile broadband plans.
Telstra has announced a partnership with Acer to sell notebooks with built-in mobile broadband to business customers. Available on monthly plans, the 3G-capable Acer notebooks feature a SIM card slot to access Telstra's Next G network. The
Demand for high-speed links to cell sites and homes will rejuvenate sales of optical network equipment this year and help to create a US$16.6 billion worldwide market for it by 2014, according to research firm Dell'Oro Group.
More extensive tests show that TeliaSonera's LTE (Long-Term Evolution) network can deliver faster speeds, up to 45Mbps (megabits per second), than previous tests indicated, according to market research company Northstream.
Mobile operator 3 Scandinavia on Wednesday signed a deal with Ericsson to roll out broadband at 42 Mbps and then 84 Mbps in its Swedish and Danish 3G networks.
Telstra has announced new wireless broadband plans with higher data allowances and the end of excess usage charges. The new BigPond plans will be available from 18 January.
Ericsson has demonstrated one part of the technology that will make speeds of up to 42 Mbps (bits per second) possible in 3G networks. However, a lot of work remains before services can be launched.
Mobile operator TeliaSonera has launched the world's first commercial LTE (Long-Term Evolution) networks, in the central parts of Stockholm and Oslo, it said on Monday. The service will become available on Tuesday, and cost 599 Swedish kronor (US$84)...
Micro-blogging site Twitter is having a positive effect on the number of consumers using their mobile phone to access the web, says Novarra.
More than three quarters of mobile broadband users in the UK are not satisfied with the speeds provided by their service providers, says <a href="http://www.thinkbroadband.com">Thinkbroadband.com</a>.
Virgin Mobile has launched a Wi-Fi modem claiming to be Australia’s first battery-powered mobile 3G wireless modem router with Wi-Fi access.
Following last month’s news that Adelaide will get a $3 million WiMax mobile broadband network, the Seven Network has announced plans to build a $50 million WiMax network in Perth.
Vodafone Australia announced the expansion of its 3G network today, claiming it now covers 94 per cent of Australia's population.
Vodafone has upgraded its 3G network in the UK and claims mobile broadband users in some areas can now access the web at a theoretical maximum of 14.4Mbps.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Apologetic Microsoft unleashes Xim globally for Android, Win Phone
- FCC: A range of net neutrality options remain on the table
- Pirate Bay co-founder sentenced to 3.5 years imprisonment in Denmark
- Google to kill off SSL 3.0 in Chrome 40
- BlackBerry upgrades BBM with timed messages
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW