Chip giant Intel, a major backer of the movement to provide mobile WiMax wireless broadband to Internet users around the world, expects the next major release of the technology to be deployed starting in 2012, an executive said Tuesday.
Attention has been focused on the higher speeds that will be offered by next generation LTE (Long-Term Evolution) mobile networks, but improved latency will be equally important to users, according to Nokia Siemens.
Telstra's prepaid Next G customers will receive a welcome boost to their monthly data usage after the company announced data allowance changes to its mobile broadband plans.
Telstra has announced a partnership with Acer to sell notebooks with built-in mobile broadband to business customers. Available on monthly plans, the 3G-capable Acer notebooks feature a SIM card slot to access Telstra's Next G network. The
Demand for high-speed links to cell sites and homes will rejuvenate sales of optical network equipment this year and help to create a US$16.6 billion worldwide market for it by 2014, according to research firm Dell'Oro Group.
More extensive tests show that TeliaSonera's LTE (Long-Term Evolution) network can deliver faster speeds, up to 45Mbps (megabits per second), than previous tests indicated, according to market research company Northstream.
Mobile operator 3 Scandinavia on Wednesday signed a deal with Ericsson to roll out broadband at 42 Mbps and then 84 Mbps in its Swedish and Danish 3G networks.
Telstra has announced new wireless broadband plans with higher data allowances and the end of excess usage charges. The new BigPond plans will be available from 18 January.
Ericsson has demonstrated one part of the technology that will make speeds of up to 42 Mbps (bits per second) possible in 3G networks. However, a lot of work remains before services can be launched.
Mobile operator TeliaSonera has launched the world's first commercial LTE (Long-Term Evolution) networks, in the central parts of Stockholm and Oslo, it said on Monday. The service will become available on Tuesday, and cost 599 Swedish kronor (US$84)...
Micro-blogging site Twitter is having a positive effect on the number of consumers using their mobile phone to access the web, says Novarra.
More than three quarters of mobile broadband users in the UK are not satisfied with the speeds provided by their service providers, says <a href="http://www.thinkbroadband.com">Thinkbroadband.com</a>.
Virgin Mobile has launched a Wi-Fi modem claiming to be Australia’s first battery-powered mobile 3G wireless modem router with Wi-Fi access.
Following last month’s news that Adelaide will get a $3 million WiMax mobile broadband network, the Seven Network has announced plans to build a $50 million WiMax network in Perth.
Vodafone Australia announced the expansion of its 3G network today, claiming it now covers 94 per cent of Australia's population.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Review: Wireless charging and waterproof cases for iPhone plus Ollclip (Movie) Studio case
- Google tool lets users personalize the ads they see
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt covers for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- Huawei beats Samsung and all Android rivals on security patching
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW