UK Government advisor Kip Meek yesterday published a report proposing radical changes to the mobile broadband spectrum in an attempt to offer fast internet connectivity to all corners of the UK
Wi-Fi hotspots are back in the spotlight, with more operators getting onboard. Cheaper international data roaming, better indoor coverage and the ubiquity of built-in support for Wi-Fi will help hotspots remain relevant in a mobile broadband centric ...
Vodafone Australia has announced the launch of a prepaid mobile broadband service, following the lead of rival carriers Telstra, Optus and 3 Mobile.
3 Mobile will expand its roaming coverage and introduce new roaming pricing for users from mid April.
The ACCC has warned that the proposed merger between Hutchison and Vodafone, announced on February 9th, could lead to increased prices for mobile telephony and mobile broadband (MBB).
Telstra has launched what it claims is the world’s fastest mobile broadband service, with peak download speeds of 21Mbps and with the intention of increasing it to 42Mbps later this year.
Just months after the launch of its pre-paid broadband service, Optus is reducing the value it delivers to users.
Telstra (ASX:TLS) has confirmed that the Enhanced HSPA (eHSPA) addition to the Next G wireless network is compatible with Next G devices, clearing the way for the world's first 21Mbps national network.
Operators which merely serve as commodity mobile broadband ISPs will find it increasingly hard to stay afloat as their competitors introduce value-added services.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft kills off another chunk of its smartphone activities
- 11 Easy tips to keep yourself and your children safe online
- The Division review
- Need for Speed PC Review
- Digital vision must be led from the top-down
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - AngularNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant - Telecommunications and NetworksSA
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer, Renewable ContractAsia
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCProject Manager - HFCVIC
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD