Oracle on Tuesday showed JavaFX rich client software running on both an Apple iPad and a Google Android-based Samsung Galaxy tablet, along with introducing a separate project using HTML5 to bring Java to Apple's iOS platform, called Project Avatar.
Martin Odersky is the designer of the Scala programming language, a general-purpose statically typed language that runs on the Java Virtual Machine. It can be used to build distributed systems and even Android mobile applications. Odersky is chairman...
Google has unveiled an incremental release of the Android platform featuring optimizations for a wider range of tablets and a compatibility enhancement for fixed-size applications.
Microsoft is positioning its Windows Azure cloud service as a platform to provide back-end services for mobile devices, including Apple's iOS and Google's Android.
While Apple has vaunted to a leadership position in mobile computing with its iPhone smartphone, Microsoft is looking to chip away at Apple's dominance, releasing on Friday an API tool intended to help developers migrate iPhone applications to Window...
Novell is porting Moonlight, an open source version of Microsoft's Silverlight rich Internet application plug-in software, to Google's Android mobile platform, a Novell official acknowledged on Tuesday afternoon.
Mobile and cloud computing are beginning to change the way that developers work at enterprise-level and smaller businesses, according to a report released this week by Forrester Research.
Selenium 2.0, an upgrade to the popular open source Web application testing toolset, is anticipated for release this summer, featuring accommodations for mobile platforms and architectural improvements, its creator said on Tuesday.
Google is upgrading on Thursday its tool for analyzing Web page performance, making it available directly via the Web and offering smartphone page analysis.
Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 platform has caught on with developers in the year since the platform's development tools were first shown, a Microsoft executive stressed Thursday in a blog entry featuring a variety of numbers related to Microsoft's entr...
Mobile application development, including the need to extend enterprise applications to mobile devices, is growing in prominence, according to research reported by Evans Data on Monday. Evans expects mobile and tablet applications to become a huge pa...
Motorola Mobility, which has made the Google Android platform the centerpiece of its mobile technology strategy, has heard developer and customer concerns about Android fragmentation and systems not all behaving the same. But the company sees variati...
If Black Duck Software's knowledge base of open source software projects serves as a barometer, then Google's Android software platform led the way in open source software development projects for mobile devices last year, followed by Apple's iOS pla...
Google has made available the full SDK for the Android 3.0 mobile platform, featuring a UI redesigned for tablets and more connectivity options.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCTechnical BI Business Analyst- Informatica, Oracle OBIEENSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCTest Lead-Agile, SCRUM, HP QC, JIRA, UX Government backgroundNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTTest ManagerACT
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia