The newly rechristened BlackBerry delivered on its promise to breathe new life into an aging, iconic product line, but it still faces an uphill battle in a market dominated by Apple's iPhone and devices based on Google's Android operating system.
Mobile device management
It seems that BlackBerry 10 is on track for an early 2013 release. RIM today announced the launch of a BlackBerry 10 Technical Preview program for 120 select customers.
Android and iOS mobile devices now can be corralled by a Smith Micro device management application unveiled this week at the Interop show in Las Vegas. Client-side code makes even personally-owned devices visible to enterprise IT managers.
Branches of the American Civil Liberties Union and other organizations are launching on Friday the 2011 Develop for Privacy Challenge, a competition for mobile application developers to address privacy concerns about mobile phones and other portable ...
Many businesses will not be able to support Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 operating system, which began shipping in the U.S. today. Like the competing Google Android, Windows Phone 7 does not support on-device encryption to protect data stored on it. M...
Much of what Apple offers enterprise workers and their IT departments in the new iPhone 5S and 5C comes by virtue of its new iOS 7, first announced in June.
Whitepapers about Mobile device management
As a workforce becomes more mobile, there is a risk of creating a VPN tunnel that enables every employee’s remote device to become an extension of the corporate network. While VPN solutions serve as a vehicle for delivering remove access to the corporate network, they can enable sensitive data to leave the protection and security of the corporate network. Find out how to identify and resolve this growing problem.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Oracle patches raft of vulnerabilities in business applications
- Microsoft's Cortana is headed to the Android lock screen
- Microsoft buys Simplygon to simplify rendering VR and AR models
- Gabe Newell's Reddit Q&A: The most interesting answers on Half-Life 3, Steam support, and more
- Toshiba considers spinning off its memory business
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleNSW
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW