The newly rechristened BlackBerry delivered on its promise to breathe new life into an aging, iconic product line, but it still faces an uphill battle in a market dominated by Apple's iPhone and devices based on Google's Android operating system.
Mobile device management
It seems that BlackBerry 10 is on track for an early 2013 release. RIM today announced the launch of a BlackBerry 10 Technical Preview program for 120 select customers.
Android and iOS mobile devices now can be corralled by a Smith Micro device management application unveiled this week at the Interop show in Las Vegas. Client-side code makes even personally-owned devices visible to enterprise IT managers.
Branches of the American Civil Liberties Union and other organizations are launching on Friday the 2011 Develop for Privacy Challenge, a competition for mobile application developers to address privacy concerns about mobile phones and other portable ...
Many businesses will not be able to support Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 operating system, which began shipping in the U.S. today. Like the competing Google Android, Windows Phone 7 does not support on-device encryption to protect data stored on it. M...
Much of what Apple offers enterprise workers and their IT departments in the new iPhone 5S and 5C comes by virtue of its new iOS 7, first announced in June.
Whitepapers about Mobile device management
As a workforce becomes more mobile, there is a risk of creating a VPN tunnel that enables every employee’s remote device to become an extension of the corporate network. While VPN solutions serve as a vehicle for delivering remove access to the corporate network, they can enable sensitive data to leave the protection and security of the corporate network. Find out how to identify and resolve this growing problem.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 finally gets a release date
- Okta offers Touch ID-based multifactor authentication for iPhones
- Qualcomm brings big brains to mobile devices with deep-learning tool
- Craig Wright claims he is bitcoin inventor Satoshi Nakamoto
- Qatar National Bank claims customer data released by hackers is authentic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCService DeskWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT