Blizzard Entertainment is taking legal action against a Chinese mobile game for allegedly copying characters and settings from its famed Warcraft franchise.
PlayStation Mobile, Sony's attempt to recreate PlayStation experiences on Android smartphones, tablets and the PS Vita, will close in July.
With the help of cowboys, robots and snipers, a trio of startups at the Slush startup conference in Helsinki is trying to find success in the mobile gaming space, which some think is just getting started.
Rovio Entertainment, the Finnish company behind mobile game hit Angry Birds, will lay off up to 130 people in its home country.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission failed to adequately consider the consumer benefits of easy in-app purchases in its recent complaints accusing Apple and Amazon.com of allowing children to buy digital products without parental permission, according ...
Amazon.com has billed parents for millions of dollars' worth of unauthorized in-app purchases made by their children, the FTC said in a complaint filed Thursday in a U.S. court.
Mark Pincus, who founded Zynga in 2007 and gave up his CEO title less than a year ago, is now giving up all his operational duties at the company.
Yahoo is trying to lure third-party mobile and Web game developers with the launch of a back-end development platform.
Using Marmalade Technologies' Juice tool, iOS developers can recompile their games to run on Android.
Chinese handset maker ZTE is diving into China's home gaming market with a new Android entertainment console that it is pricing at 689 yuan (US$112) in the hope of undercutting products from Microsoft and Sony.
Samsung Electronics will ship 35 games with its Smartphone GamePad gaming controller, which can be attached to most of its Android-based Galaxy smartphones.
Unity has finally added integrated support for developing 2D games with the availability of version 4.3 of its toolset.
Japanese carrier SoftBank and gaming company GungHo Online Entertainment are investing US$1.5 billion for a 51 percent stake in Finnish game developer Softcell, highlighting how hot this sector has become.
Developers can now submit Web apps and offer them alongside native Android-based programs on Amazon's Appstore.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 2 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 4 Intel NUC Kit (NUC5i5RYH) Mini PC
- 5 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry cutting staff in smartphone unit
- Watch Catch Up TV through the AerialBox T2100 set-top box
- 5 ways to extend your smartphone's battery life
- Hacked Adult Friend Finder database offered for $17,000
- Panasonic SC-ALL8 multi-room wireless speaker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior Sales Executive X 3 World Leading Music Streaming PlatformNSW
- FTApplication Security SpecialistNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW