Gaming platform company Unity Technologies is doubling down on improving its software quality, and letting developers know what it has planned for the future with a new public roadmap.
Uber launched a new game for iPhone users today aimed at teaching people what it's like to work as a driver for the tech-driven transportation company.
Blizzard Entertainment is taking legal action against a Chinese mobile game for allegedly copying characters and settings from its famed Warcraft franchise.
PlayStation Mobile, Sony's attempt to recreate PlayStation experiences on Android smartphones, tablets and the PS Vita, will close in July.
With the help of cowboys, robots and snipers, a trio of startups at the Slush startup conference in Helsinki is trying to find success in the mobile gaming space, which some think is just getting started.
Rovio Entertainment, the Finnish company behind mobile game hit Angry Birds, will lay off up to 130 people in its home country.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission failed to adequately consider the consumer benefits of easy in-app purchases in its recent complaints accusing Apple and Amazon.com of allowing children to buy digital products without parental permission, according ...
Amazon.com has billed parents for millions of dollars' worth of unauthorized in-app purchases made by their children, the FTC said in a complaint filed Thursday in a U.S. court.
Mark Pincus, who founded Zynga in 2007 and gave up his CEO title less than a year ago, is now giving up all his operational duties at the company.
Yahoo is trying to lure third-party mobile and Web game developers with the launch of a back-end development platform.
Using Marmalade Technologies' Juice tool, iOS developers can recompile their games to run on Android.
Chinese handset maker ZTE is diving into China's home gaming market with a new Android entertainment console that it is pricing at 689 yuan (US$112) in the hope of undercutting products from Microsoft and Sony.
Samsung Electronics will ship 35 games with its Smartphone GamePad gaming controller, which can be attached to most of its Android-based Galaxy smartphones.
Unity has finally added integrated support for developing 2D games with the availability of version 4.3 of its toolset.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- China’s booming middle class augurs well for Apple, says Tim Cook
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the US government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW