Apple has revealed that the iOS 4.1 update will be launched tomorrow.
As expected, Apple today released the iOS 4.1 update for its iPhone and iPod Touch.
IDC today said that Global smartphone shipments will jump by 55 per cent this year compared to 2009, and 10 per cent more than projections it made earlier this year.
Google's Android mobile operating system proved a formidable rival to the wildly popular iPhone in a recent real-world test.
Apple's iOS mobile operating system is now the third-most popular platform on the Internet, with a share nearly six times larger than Android's, a Web measurement company said Wednesday.
Only two days left until Apple releases the first major upgrade to the iOS 4 mobile operating system on Wednesday, September 8.
One year after leaving his position as head of Google's China operations, Kai-Fu Lee is funding a dozen startups with his new company, Innovation Works, to seize on opportunities with China's booming Internet market.
Still waiting for Android 2.2? Given the slow pace of Froyo's rollout to Android phones, sometimes it feels like waiting for Godot. And if you're especially unlucky, the new version of the operating system won't even make it to your phone.
Apple yesterday laid out its plans for the next two upgrades of iOS, the mobile operating system that powers its iPhone and iPad, slating the first for release in a few days.
Windows Phone 7 has been finalized and released to manufacturers, Microsoft announced in a blog today.
Palm's WebOS 2.0 beta is now available in limited release to developers, with a full public release planned for later this year.
Due to its dispute with Oracle, Google said it will not present at the JavaOne conference this year.
An HTC tablet running Google's Chrome operating system will be sold by Verizon Wireless in late November, according to an unnamed source cited by the blog Downloadsquad.
Analysts split today over reports that Apple may be readying a smaller iPad for launch later this year.
Hewlett Packard definitely plans to be in the tablet business, but questions remain about whether it will create different hardware for each of three expected tablet operating systems -- Android , Windows 7 and WebOS.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- TPiOS Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- FTWeb Business AnalystQLD
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - IPVPN Edge and Internet EdgeVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- CCJava Developer - CQ5VIC
- FTSenior Java ProgrammerWA
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCSecurity Incident Response Handler - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCField EngineerVIC
- TPJunior Project ManagerSA