Apple has revealed that the iOS 4.1 update will be launched tomorrow.
As expected, Apple today released the iOS 4.1 update for its iPhone and iPod Touch.
IDC today said that Global smartphone shipments will jump by 55 per cent this year compared to 2009, and 10 per cent more than projections it made earlier this year.
Google's Android mobile operating system proved a formidable rival to the wildly popular iPhone in a recent real-world test.
Apple's iOS mobile operating system is now the third-most popular platform on the Internet, with a share nearly six times larger than Android's, a Web measurement company said Wednesday.
Only two days left until Apple releases the first major upgrade to the iOS 4 mobile operating system on Wednesday, September 8.
One year after leaving his position as head of Google's China operations, Kai-Fu Lee is funding a dozen startups with his new company, Innovation Works, to seize on opportunities with China's booming Internet market.
Still waiting for Android 2.2? Given the slow pace of Froyo's rollout to Android phones, sometimes it feels like waiting for Godot. And if you're especially unlucky, the new version of the operating system won't even make it to your phone.
Apple yesterday laid out its plans for the next two upgrades of iOS, the mobile operating system that powers its iPhone and iPad, slating the first for release in a few days.
Windows Phone 7 has been finalized and released to manufacturers, Microsoft announced in a blog today.
Palm's WebOS 2.0 beta is now available in limited release to developers, with a full public release planned for later this year.
Due to its dispute with Oracle, Google said it will not present at the JavaOne conference this year.
An HTC tablet running Google's Chrome operating system will be sold by Verizon Wireless in late November, according to an unnamed source cited by the blog Downloadsquad.
Analysts split today over reports that Apple may be readying a smaller iPad for launch later this year.
Hewlett Packard definitely plans to be in the tablet business, but questions remain about whether it will create different hardware for each of three expected tablet operating systems -- Android , Windows 7 and WebOS.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- Inside Intel's bold plan to personalize live 3D sports broadcasts
- Assange seeks to discuss his US extradition with the feds
- XCOM 2's eagerly anticipated Long War 2 total conversion mod released in Steam Workshop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- TPSOA DeveloperNSW
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- TPSenior|Principal SAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Transformation projectsSA
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- CCSAP PI DeveloperACT
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW