Underpromise and overdeliver—always a good strategy. Apple said it would take a few weeks to issue an iOS update to fix a handful of bugs related to the storage of location data, but it's taken just seven days between that announcement and the appear...
Apple will reap more than three-fourths of all mobile app store revenues generated this year, but rival Google's growth is climbing faster, a research analyst said yesterday.
Free Android phone tethering apps found in Android Market are reportedly being blocked by AT&T, Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile.
Research in Motion announced two new BlackBerry Bold smartphones on Monday that run on a new BlackBerry 7 operating system and include near field communication (NFC) support.
Yet another problem has cropped up preventing some Windows Phone 7 users from getting two software updates, adding a new chapter to the update saga that started in February.
Verizon may finally be preparing to start offering a Windows Phone 7 smartphone, following months of rumors about the launch date.
Nokia will outsource its Symbian software activities to Accenture, transferring 3,000 employees to the company in the process, as it moves its focus to making phones running on Microsoft's Windows Phone operating system.
Barnes & Noble announced a major update to its Nook Color tablet Monday that includes access to a new app store, including an email app for organizing Web mail accounts. The upgrade also has Android 2.2 (Froyo) with Adobe Flash Player for video v...
The latest Appcelerator/IDC mobile survey has uncovered a growing well of frustration among Android developers, with underwhelming tablets, OS fragmentation and multiple app stores cited as the main worries.
Apple today said it sold a record 18.6 million iPhones in the first three months of 2011, the third consecutive quarter the company's smartphone has set sales records.
Microsoft's latest explanation of its Windows Phone 7 update fiasco gets an A for effort, but a B+ for its timing, a crisis communications expert said today.
Apple today patched bugs in iOS and Safari used at last month's Pwn2Own hacking contest by three teams of researchers who collectively earned $45,000 for their work.
Microsoft on Wednesday announced 1,500 new developer tools coming in May for the next version of the Windows Phone operating system, code-named Mango, that's due in the fall.
HTC's latest smartphone, the Sensation, has a dual-core 1.2GHz processor from Qualcomm that holds the promise of faster graphics and is due to ship in Europe in the second quarter, the company said at an event in London on Tuesday.
Nokia launched an updated version of its Symbian^3 mobile operating system on Tuesday, along with two phones running the software, the X7 and the E6.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
- Sony does well in games but smartphone business shrinks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior ICT Project Manager - Extensive Government experienceNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC