Microsoft's acquisition of Nokia's Devices & Services business is a necessary gamble for the software company's future growth in mobile, and for Nokia an admission that it doesn't have enough resources to successfully compete with Samsung and Apple, ...
Four new smartphone OSes intend to challenge Apple and Google's dominant position. Mozilla's Firefox OS is the first out of the gate, but Canonical, Samsung Electronics and Intel, as well as Finnish upstart Jolla Mobile, are also getting their altern...
Microsoft Office Mobile for iPhone is now available for iPhone. Yep, you read that right: It's iPhone-only. The question is: Should you care?
I love my iPhone, and have loved it since I ditched my Sony Ericsson 710a way back in 2008. But no device is perfect, and every year I look forward to Worldwide Developers Conference keynotes and the new iOS features that typically come with it. iOS ...
Microsoft's release of an Office suite for the iPhone is too little, too late and yet another timid move aimed at protecting Windows 8 sales at the expense of customer demand for a product like this one for iPads, according to analysts.
Now that developers have had a few days to delve into the iOS 7 beta, it's becoming clear that the iPhone version of the software could prove beneficial to enterprises.
Nokia's is rebooting its U.S. Windows Phone push with the arrival of the low-cost Lumia 521 on T-Mobile and Lumia 928 for Verizon Wireless, but increasing sales to meaningful volumes in the very competitive U.S. market will not be easy.
Most of the time, you hit a volume button on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, and it does what you expect, whether it's turning up your reminder alarms or turning down your music. And then there are the other times.
HTC and Nokia are preparing to go head-to-head with new cameras on upcoming smartphones, as they hope to steal market share from Apple and Samsung Electronics.
The newly rechristened BlackBerry has delivered on its promise to breathe new life into its aging, iconic product line for diehard fans, but faces an uphill battle against the iPhone and devices based on Google's Android operating system.
In the next 12 months, smartphones with five new operating systems are scheduled to go on sale, leaning on Web technologies and improved user interfaces to try and make a dent in the dominance of Apple's iOS and Google's Android.
Over the past year, patent battles have been fought by tech companies in courtrooms all over the world. The litigation is far from over though, however, and will continue throughout 2013. This is what's at stake on the patent battlefield in the near ...
The furor over Apple's Maps app has diminished somewhat since it peaked shortly after the release of iOS 6, but there are still people who have been holding out on upgrading to Apple's latest mobile operating system, worried about what they might los...
Nothing's perfect, and operating systems are no exception.
Smartphone vendors will rely on upgrades such as full-HD screens and more powerful yet more frugal processors to entice customers to buy new phones in 2013.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT