Some new details have emerged about Jelly, the mysterious startup from Twitter co-founder Biz Stone: The company's app is "very close" to launching, and will be available for free on iOS and Android-based devices, Stone recently said.
Mobile management vendors like Good Technology and MobileIron are increasing efforts to pitch Android and iOS as alternatives to BlackBerry, thanks to improved security and management tools.
Google has added new features to its search app on iOS, like updated reminders and hands-free search, designed to proactively deliver information to people at certain moments.
Mobile developers will be able to track usage of their Android and iOS applications, as well as experiment with interface improvements, with two free services from Amazon.
BlackBerry will change its CEO and accept a $US1 billion loan from a consortium involving shareholder Fairfax Financial Holdings as it struggles with inventory and strategy problems. The company has abandoned plans to sell itself.
BlackBerry is expected to announce a definitive merger agreement with Fairfax Financial Holdings on Monday -- or present an alternative bidder to help get the company back on track, with the latter group including the likes of Qualcomm.
Google has paid extra attention to Android's performance on low-cost smartphones when developing version 4.4 of the OS, which could be very good news for consumers and developers but a problem for competitors like Mozilla and Nokia.
Nokia once again sold a record number of Lumia smartphones during the third quarter, helping the company narrow its net loss.
Twitter became an Internet phenomenon as a tool for posting short text messages, but now it also wants to feature multimedia content more prominently.
Apple has pushed iOS 7.0.3 to iOS devices everywhere. The update adds support for iCloud Keychain and should provide two big fixes: both to the accelerometer calibration issue some users were seeing and recent iMessage bugs.
Rumors that Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi might be breaking from Android to develop its own mobile operating system are not true, company executives said on Tuesday.
Ex-Googler Hugo Barra has a thing for the fans -- but not Google's.
Two new smartphones are going after customers who want supersized screens: Nokia's new Lumia 1520, launched Tuesday, runs Windows Phone and HTC's One Max is an Android offering. But how do the two stack up side-by-side? It's time for a face-off on th...
Nokia has added a tablet and two large-screen smartphones to its Lumia family, and is once again counting on its camera technology to attract buyers.
In what could turn out to be its last big event before Microsoft takes over, Nokia is expected to add large-screen smartphones and a tablet to its Lumia family as well as upgrade its portfolio of low-cost smartphones.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google discloses unpatched IE vulnerability after Patch Tuesday delay
- FCC puts the brakes on ISP privacy rules it just passed in October
- Zenimax wants to block Oculus Rift headset sales, Gear VR games
- Cloudflare bug exposed passwords, other sensitive data from websites
- UN steps in to end marketing war over what 5G means
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPPerformance Test Analyst - Perth BasedQLD
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPAPS6/EL1 Database Modelling SpecialistACT
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCProject Support OfficerNSW
- TPSenior Analyst Programmer - ContractQLD
- FTIT Project Coordinator - Mascot/AlexandriaNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW
- TPUI/UX ConsultantWA
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA
- FTSenior Project Manager - PERMANENTACT
- TPBI Commercial AnalystVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCMultiple System Engineers - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- TPBusiness Process Analyst (Newcaslte Based)NSW