Some new details have emerged about Jelly, the mysterious startup from Twitter co-founder Biz Stone: The company's app is "very close" to launching, and will be available for free on iOS and Android-based devices, Stone recently said.
Mobile management vendors like Good Technology and MobileIron are increasing efforts to pitch Android and iOS as alternatives to BlackBerry, thanks to improved security and management tools.
Google has added new features to its search app on iOS, like updated reminders and hands-free search, designed to proactively deliver information to people at certain moments.
Mobile developers will be able to track usage of their Android and iOS applications, as well as experiment with interface improvements, with two free services from Amazon.
BlackBerry will change its CEO and accept a $US1 billion loan from a consortium involving shareholder Fairfax Financial Holdings as it struggles with inventory and strategy problems. The company has abandoned plans to sell itself.
BlackBerry is expected to announce a definitive merger agreement with Fairfax Financial Holdings on Monday -- or present an alternative bidder to help get the company back on track, with the latter group including the likes of Qualcomm.
Google has paid extra attention to Android's performance on low-cost smartphones when developing version 4.4 of the OS, which could be very good news for consumers and developers but a problem for competitors like Mozilla and Nokia.
Nokia once again sold a record number of Lumia smartphones during the third quarter, helping the company narrow its net loss.
Twitter became an Internet phenomenon as a tool for posting short text messages, but now it also wants to feature multimedia content more prominently.
Apple has pushed iOS 7.0.3 to iOS devices everywhere. The update adds support for iCloud Keychain and should provide two big fixes: both to the accelerometer calibration issue some users were seeing and recent iMessage bugs.
Rumors that Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi might be breaking from Android to develop its own mobile operating system are not true, company executives said on Tuesday.
Ex-Googler Hugo Barra has a thing for the fans -- but not Google's.
Two new smartphones are going after customers who want supersized screens: Nokia's new Lumia 1520, launched Tuesday, runs Windows Phone and HTC's One Max is an Android offering. But how do the two stack up side-by-side? It's time for a face-off on th...
Nokia has added a tablet and two large-screen smartphones to its Lumia family, and is once again counting on its camera technology to attract buyers.
In what could turn out to be its last big event before Microsoft takes over, Nokia is expected to add large-screen smartphones and a tablet to its Lumia family as well as upgrade its portfolio of low-cost smartphones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCRelease and Deployment ManagerACT
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW