Some new details have emerged about Jelly, the mysterious startup from Twitter co-founder Biz Stone: The company's app is "very close" to launching, and will be available for free on iOS and Android-based devices, Stone recently said.
Mobile management vendors like Good Technology and MobileIron are increasing efforts to pitch Android and iOS as alternatives to BlackBerry, thanks to improved security and management tools.
Google has added new features to its search app on iOS, like updated reminders and hands-free search, designed to proactively deliver information to people at certain moments.
Mobile developers will be able to track usage of their Android and iOS applications, as well as experiment with interface improvements, with two free services from Amazon.
BlackBerry will change its CEO and accept a $US1 billion loan from a consortium involving shareholder Fairfax Financial Holdings as it struggles with inventory and strategy problems. The company has abandoned plans to sell itself.
BlackBerry is expected to announce a definitive merger agreement with Fairfax Financial Holdings on Monday -- or present an alternative bidder to help get the company back on track, with the latter group including the likes of Qualcomm.
Google has paid extra attention to Android's performance on low-cost smartphones when developing version 4.4 of the OS, which could be very good news for consumers and developers but a problem for competitors like Mozilla and Nokia.
Nokia once again sold a record number of Lumia smartphones during the third quarter, helping the company narrow its net loss.
Twitter became an Internet phenomenon as a tool for posting short text messages, but now it also wants to feature multimedia content more prominently.
Apple has pushed iOS 7.0.3 to iOS devices everywhere. The update adds support for iCloud Keychain and should provide two big fixes: both to the accelerometer calibration issue some users were seeing and recent iMessage bugs.
Rumors that Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi might be breaking from Android to develop its own mobile operating system are not true, company executives said on Tuesday.
Ex-Googler Hugo Barra has a thing for the fans -- but not Google's.
Two new smartphones are going after customers who want supersized screens: Nokia's new Lumia 1520, launched Tuesday, runs Windows Phone and HTC's One Max is an Android offering. But how do the two stack up side-by-side? It's time for a face-off on th...
Nokia has added a tablet and two large-screen smartphones to its Lumia family, and is once again counting on its camera technology to attract buyers.
In what could turn out to be its last big event before Microsoft takes over, Nokia is expected to add large-screen smartphones and a tablet to its Lumia family as well as upgrade its portfolio of low-cost smartphones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Maps tunnel navigation can be dangerous
- Akitio Thunder3 PCIe SSD review: Blazingly fast external storage for rich kids
- Xbox One S controller review: New features and custom colors make for a great successor
- Why you want Google's Allo
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT