People looking to control their HomeKit-compatible devices when they're away from home will need an Apple TV to complete those tasks, Apple revealed in a support page for its smart home platform.
Shipment details for the first patch of devices that work with HomeKit became public on Tuesday, exactly a year after Apple announced the smart home platform.
Sales of Android smartphones were up in the first quarter but its share of the market fell, while that of iOS grew for the third consecutive quarter.
By building browsers with integrated ad blocking, German company Eyeo hopes to attract more users. A beta version of the Android browser is now available for download from the Play store.
Apple's efforts to allow people to control household appliances from their iPhones through the company's HomeKit framework are gaining momentum.
Apple products are still the preferred mobile devices among enterprise users, but competitors are chipping away at the company's lead, especially in the tablet market.
Cyanogen, the maker of an Android-based operating system, is hoping it can expand with the help of Chinese handset vendors with global ambitions.
E-commerce giant Alibaba Group hasn't given up on its mobile OS, and is taking the software to China's rural markets through a series of low-cost phones.
It was a marriage of convenience for two industry giants whose past successes weren't helping them win in the red-hot smartphone market. One year later, it's hard to say that Microsoft's acquisition of Nokia's device business has produced the results...
A flaw in iOS 8 would allow attackers to render devices running the mobile OS useless if they're within range of a fake wireless hotspot, according to researchers from security firm Skycure.
Automated teller machines have been around for decades, but surprisingly few changes have been made to the technologies that run them. That's about to change.
French company Infinit has released Android and iOS applications for free file-sharing that promise improved transmission speeds over cloud-based services.
At one time, people considered Microsoft a true contender in the mobile space. Just four years ago, some analysts predicted that Windows Phone would leapfrog BlackBerry and iOS to claim the number two spot behind Android. Some researchers expected Mi...
Microsoft could be trying to chip away at Android's dominance in its deal with Xiaomi to test the new Windows 10 operating system.
Hundreds of Android and iOS apps are still vulnerable to a dangerous attack revealed two weeks ago that can compromise encrypted data, a security vendor said Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
- VMware gives enterprises a BYOD boost with three new tools
- Google adds warning to unencrypted emails
- Intel's Itanium to live an as HPE commits to new servers with the chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA