Google is aiming to expand the reach of users' Google+ profiles and social data across the Web through new partnerships with Janrain and Gigya.
Research In Motion Limited, now doing business as BlackBerry, shipped about 1 million BlackBerry Z10 smartphones during its fiscal fourth quarter.
Unity Technologies has opened a beta program for Windows Phone 8 apps, and is inviting experienced developers to start testing.
If 2012 was the year of arcade, casino and hidden object games on Facebook, such as "Diamond Dash," "Bubble Witch Saga" and "Bubble Safari," the social network hopes 2013 will be the year of more immersive, strategy-oriented games.
Apple has acquired mapping startup WiFiSlam, which is developing an indoor location service for smartphones, Apple said Monday.
Just as rumors begin to surface that Google is getting into the smartwatch game, Oko International, the maker of a wide range of watches and timepieces sold under the brand name 'Android,' is suing the company for trademark infringement.
BlackBerry began a fight to regain share in the key U.S. market on Friday with the debut of the first phone running its BlackBerry 10 operating system.
BlackBerry's new operating system faces its first big test in the U.S. Friday when the first phone based on BlackBerry 10 goes on sale.
Google is looking to replace physical sticky notes with Keep, a new product designed for storing notes and other pieces of information.
Microsoft's AX ERP (enterprise resource planning) application will be receiving a set of mobile applications that mix connectivity to back-end systems and processes with a social milieu.
The latest version of the Skype for Windows Phone 8 Preview has support for HD video calls on some phones and reinstated integration with the People hub.
Citrix Systems has upgraded its Podio applications for Android and iOS, as well as the ShareFile app for the latter, which can now be used to edit Microsoft Office documents.
Twitter is beefing up its self-service ad platform to give smaller businesses more targeting and analytics tools to reach potential customers on the site.
Aggressive sales of smaller tablets triggered a revised tablet sales forecast today by IDC, which upped its projections by 11 per cent for 2013 and said Android would supplant Apple's iOS as the dominant operating system this year.
South by Southwest Interactive is best known as the technology festival that put such social networking mainstays as Twitter and Foursquare on the map. But if there was a "next big thing" at this year's event, finding it would be pretty hard.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on with the Samsung NX1 camera
- Symantec identifies sophisticated, stealthy 'Regin' malware
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
- Prices for 4K monitors sink below $500
- Apple's $450 million e-books settlement gets final approval
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW