Google has shown off new features that can reduce data consumption and improve Web performance on Android-powered mobile devices, drawing partly from capabilities already supported in the Chrome desktop OS.
Google has introduced new APIs to help developers build better games for its Android OS.
Google's Android OS has more than 900 million users, the company said Wednesday at its I/O event began in San Francisco.
BlackBerry will launch BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) on both iOS and Android this summer.
Nokia's new Lumia 925 phone has an aluminium frame that functions as an antenna, and is lighter and thinner than the Lumia 920, but otherwise offers similar performance to its predecessor.
Google I/O has not officially started, but the developers' show is already seeing some action. Two warring factions, the Resistance and the Enlightenment, are vying for control of various "portals" at key landmarks throughout San Francisco, which are...
A new cloud version of SAP's Afaria mobile device management software offers IT departments a more convenient way of controlling mobile devices.
Google kicks off its I/O developer conference next Wednesday and if there's one thing that could steal the limelight from Android, Chrome and all the other Google projects, it's Glass.
Nokia has announced the long-rumored Lumia 928, which will be an exclusive to Verizon Wireless when it goes on sale next week.
The upcoming Firefox OS will appear on higher-end smartphones, and not just entry-level handsets, with Sony expected to release a premium device running the operating system, a Mozilla executive said.
Nokia has posted a video comparing the camera on the Lumia 928 with the Galaxy S III and the iPhone 5, as it gets ready to launch the phone.
Alibaba Group hopes to make a dent in Google's dominance of China's smartphone market, and has high hopes that handsets running the company's mobile OS will reach sales of 30 million units.
Nokia has confirmed the upcoming launch of the long-rumored Lumia 928, with a website that hints at advanced camera features.
Yahoo's Flickr mobile app may be getting a completely new look in the months to come, as the company seeks to hire multiple iOS engineers to "radically improve" the photo-sharing site's app and attract new users, the company said in a recent job noti...
What do you do if when you try and install an iOS Software update you get a message that your device has been unable to verify the update?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- This malware pretends to be WhatsApp, Uber and Google Play
- Traffic tickets got you down? This UK robo-lawyer has already saved users millions
- Resold hard drives on eBay, Craigslist are often still ripe with leftover data
- Too many IoT networks? Cisco just bet on this one
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia