Mobile phone apps are accessing users' private data and transmitting it to remote servers far more than appears strictly necessary, while users have inadequate tools to monitor or control such access, according to a new study by two French government...
Facebook has released new software for Android phones that gives quick access to Facebook services and aims to further boost use of the social network on mobile devices.
Facebook's Home mobile software for Android-equipped smartphones might only appeal to the most active Facebook users at first, but the company's plan to integrate third-party social services into it could broaden its appeal.
Almost 2.4 billion computers, tablets and cellphones will ship this year, according to estimates from Gartner.
Google is aiming to expand the reach of users' Google+ profiles and social data across the Web through new partnerships with Janrain and Gigya.
Research In Motion Limited, now doing business as BlackBerry, shipped about 1 million BlackBerry Z10 smartphones during its fiscal fourth quarter.
Unity Technologies has opened a beta program for Windows Phone 8 apps, and is inviting experienced developers to start testing.
If 2012 was the year of arcade, casino and hidden object games on Facebook, such as "Diamond Dash," "Bubble Witch Saga" and "Bubble Safari," the social network hopes 2013 will be the year of more immersive, strategy-oriented games.
Apple has acquired mapping startup WiFiSlam, which is developing an indoor location service for smartphones, Apple said Monday.
Just as rumors begin to surface that Google is getting into the smartwatch game, Oko International, the maker of a wide range of watches and timepieces sold under the brand name 'Android,' is suing the company for trademark infringement.
BlackBerry began a fight to regain share in the key U.S. market on Friday with the debut of the first phone running its BlackBerry 10 operating system.
BlackBerry's new operating system faces its first big test in the U.S. Friday when the first phone based on BlackBerry 10 goes on sale.
Google is looking to replace physical sticky notes with Keep, a new product designed for storing notes and other pieces of information.
Microsoft's AX ERP (enterprise resource planning) application will be receiving a set of mobile applications that mix connectivity to back-end systems and processes with a social milieu.
The latest version of the Skype for Windows Phone 8 Preview has support for HD video calls on some phones and reinstated integration with the People hub.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FCC rolls back net neutrality ISP transparency rules
- Razer's Power Bank boosts your laptop battery while charging two smartphones
- Eleven-year-old root flaw found and patched in the Linux kernel
- Sony reveals the 'world's fastest' SD card
- Mass Effect: Andromeda hands-on preview: A new space opera built on old ideas
PCW Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTData Conversion LeadNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer/ Network AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- CCMarketing SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - Tivoli Storage SpecialistNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- TPMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- FTBI Developer l Microstrategy , HadoopNSW
- CCSenior Networks Specialist - DNS PlatformVIC
- TPICT Contracts Compliance ManagerWA
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCFront-End DeveloperQLD
- FTJava Developer - Fixed Term ContractQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)ACT
- CCNetwork ArchitectWA
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)ACT