Google is aiming to expand the reach of users' Google+ profiles and social data across the Web through new partnerships with Janrain and Gigya.
Research In Motion Limited, now doing business as BlackBerry, shipped about 1 million BlackBerry Z10 smartphones during its fiscal fourth quarter.
Unity Technologies has opened a beta program for Windows Phone 8 apps, and is inviting experienced developers to start testing.
If 2012 was the year of arcade, casino and hidden object games on Facebook, such as "Diamond Dash," "Bubble Witch Saga" and "Bubble Safari," the social network hopes 2013 will be the year of more immersive, strategy-oriented games.
Apple has acquired mapping startup WiFiSlam, which is developing an indoor location service for smartphones, Apple said Monday.
Just as rumors begin to surface that Google is getting into the smartwatch game, Oko International, the maker of a wide range of watches and timepieces sold under the brand name 'Android,' is suing the company for trademark infringement.
BlackBerry began a fight to regain share in the key U.S. market on Friday with the debut of the first phone running its BlackBerry 10 operating system.
BlackBerry's new operating system faces its first big test in the U.S. Friday when the first phone based on BlackBerry 10 goes on sale.
Google is looking to replace physical sticky notes with Keep, a new product designed for storing notes and other pieces of information.
Microsoft's AX ERP (enterprise resource planning) application will be receiving a set of mobile applications that mix connectivity to back-end systems and processes with a social milieu.
The latest version of the Skype for Windows Phone 8 Preview has support for HD video calls on some phones and reinstated integration with the People hub.
Citrix Systems has upgraded its Podio applications for Android and iOS, as well as the ShareFile app for the latter, which can now be used to edit Microsoft Office documents.
Twitter is beefing up its self-service ad platform to give smaller businesses more targeting and analytics tools to reach potential customers on the site.
Aggressive sales of smaller tablets triggered a revised tablet sales forecast today by IDC, which upped its projections by 11 per cent for 2013 and said Android would supplant Apple's iOS as the dominant operating system this year.
South by Southwest Interactive is best known as the technology festival that put such social networking mainstays as Twitter and Foursquare on the map. But if there was a "next big thing" at this year's event, finding it would be pretty hard.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Thursday, July 30
- Armed with Watson smarts, Pepper aspires to be a robot salesman
- Video gaming sparks excitement in China
- OPM, Anthem hackers reportedly also breached United Airlines
- Obama rolls out initiative to boost US supercomputer capability
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC