Mobile phone apps are accessing users' private data and transmitting it to remote servers far more than appears strictly necessary, while users have inadequate tools to monitor or control such access, according to a new study by two French government...
Facebook has released new software for Android phones that gives quick access to Facebook services and aims to further boost use of the social network on mobile devices.
Facebook's Home mobile software for Android-equipped smartphones might only appeal to the most active Facebook users at first, but the company's plan to integrate third-party social services into it could broaden its appeal.
Almost 2.4 billion computers, tablets and cellphones will ship this year, according to estimates from Gartner.
Google is aiming to expand the reach of users' Google+ profiles and social data across the Web through new partnerships with Janrain and Gigya.
Research In Motion Limited, now doing business as BlackBerry, shipped about 1 million BlackBerry Z10 smartphones during its fiscal fourth quarter.
Unity Technologies has opened a beta program for Windows Phone 8 apps, and is inviting experienced developers to start testing.
If 2012 was the year of arcade, casino and hidden object games on Facebook, such as "Diamond Dash," "Bubble Witch Saga" and "Bubble Safari," the social network hopes 2013 will be the year of more immersive, strategy-oriented games.
Apple has acquired mapping startup WiFiSlam, which is developing an indoor location service for smartphones, Apple said Monday.
Just as rumors begin to surface that Google is getting into the smartwatch game, Oko International, the maker of a wide range of watches and timepieces sold under the brand name 'Android,' is suing the company for trademark infringement.
BlackBerry began a fight to regain share in the key U.S. market on Friday with the debut of the first phone running its BlackBerry 10 operating system.
BlackBerry's new operating system faces its first big test in the U.S. Friday when the first phone based on BlackBerry 10 goes on sale.
Google is looking to replace physical sticky notes with Keep, a new product designed for storing notes and other pieces of information.
Microsoft's AX ERP (enterprise resource planning) application will be receiving a set of mobile applications that mix connectivity to back-end systems and processes with a social milieu.
The latest version of the Skype for Windows Phone 8 Preview has support for HD video calls on some phones and reinstated integration with the People hub.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US carriers will look to LTE-U tests to protect Wi-Fi
- Google will shore up one of its biggest cloud weaknesses next year
- White House to data scientists: We need you
- FBI reports more attempts to hack voter registration system
- Home Theatre review: Which is better, a 4K projector or 4K TV?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW